New Ultimate poll at Marvel.com

Who do you want to have a mini-series next?

• Total voters

Friday

Well, now that Ultimate Iron Man is out Marvel.com is running a What mini do you want next poll. Here are thier options. Sadly Wolverine is winning there, with Venom of all people tagging second.

So who do we vote for?

icemastertron said:
Me still going with Wolverine. *Whistles innocently*
But the options for the other characters are so much more open. Doom taking his life back and ascending to power. Banner wandering middle america, fearfull that anyone might recognize his overly public face. Captain America coming to terms with the fact that he's nothing more than a living weapon and figurehead to a goverment that would replace him at the drop of a hat if it became nessicary. Thor's formative years, his time instiutionalized and how he came to terms with his power. Wouldn't those be better than another Wolverine story?

Baxter said:
But the options for the other characters are so much more open. Doom taking his life back and ascending to power. Banner wandering middle america, fearfull that anyone might recognize his overly public face. Captain America coming to terms with the fact that he's nothing more than a living weapon and figurehead to a goverment that would replace him at the drop of a hat if it became nessicary. Thor's formative years, his time instiutionalized and how he came to terms with his power. Wouldn't those be better than another Wolverine story?
So what- I shouldn't have voted for Wolverine, then? :sure:

Baxter said:
No, no you shouldn't. :noway:
Well, you're gonna have to live with it now. I want a Wolverine mini more than the other options. Put it this way, with a Wolverine mini, at least you don't have to write him out here and there so others can get a spotlight in the comic (NOT saying that's why Vaughan did it).

icemastertron said:
Well, you're gonna have to live with it now. I want a Wolverine mini more than the other options. Put it this way, with a Wolverine mini, at least you don't have to write him out here and there so others can get a spotlight in the comic (NOT saying that's why Vaughan did it).
I could live with a Wolverine mini if it cleaned up that wedding ring issue. And Captain America called him Lucky Jim again. I can't get enough of that.

I said Doom because a) I was a little unsatisfied with how he was handled and would like to see it "fixed" and b) where he was as "Doom" when we last saw him was so far removed from what "Doom" is supposed to be, I'm very interested in seeing how they make that transition with the character.

I said the Hulk. I think that Marvel has to clear that up. Did Banner die or not. It would be great to have Miller be writing this mini but I also was undecided withthe other choices. They all have so much potential. Captain America, Doom and Wolverine would be pretty good too.

Guijllons said:
Ahh. so there was one :)

I voted Doom, I want to see his rise from a bum living out of the trash, to the king that he's convinced that he is.
VIVA LA DOOM!

Yesss......

Doom is what I said too.

More than just being "cool" I think at this point it is necessary. Not so with the others.

I certainly agree. The next time Doom pops up, we can't just have a 6 page flashback as to how he got to where he is. He's a very important character in the UU (or is potentially) and he should be granted his own story story to really flesh out the character, make him who he is.

And Wolverine has had enough mini's, surely. Although, I did buy the Meltdown one when it first came out. Beautiful John J Muth and Kent Williams art. I wonder if we'll ever get any nice painted Mini's like that.

Cap, Thor and Hulk would all be prime candidates thanks to everything Millar has done to make these characters so dense.

Doom and Venom would be sort of secondary, kind of a "now what?" sort of thing.

As for Wolverine..... oh yeah can't get enough of that guy... wish he had a little more exposure :roll:

I'm so sick of him I wish he would just f****** die like forever :x

Of course with his healing factor he can be endlessly flogged and never die!

If UU writers were really gutsy they would have left him as a bad guy, but the marketing guys wouldn't like that would they? Then no one would want their ****ty fridge magnets, water bottles, nightlights, underoos,vitamins,action figures (4 wolvies already and more on the way) etc.,etc.,etc., ad infinitum.

You don't have to ask for more Wolverine, your going to get it anyway.

Excellsior X-Zombies!

ultimate thanos

this is a catch 22 for me, cause im deciding on how i want to vote, should i vote based on who will get the next one or who i want.....

wolverine will eventually get his own mini/ongoing regardless of how i or anyone on this board feels..that was given from the beginning...

doom.......i personally dont care to see him or any of the villains get a series right now...i dont see how their origins are much different from their 616 counterparts and i dont enough about them to care....id rather see a character that is head of the class get a mini series like iron man has....next should be hulk/cap(although i wont be buying that either....he would be the next prime time player)

Id probably pick up ultimate thor (katne has made me a believer)
id read ult dd in the store and buy it if i liked it....
and i know im leaving out many others..but on my own wish list, and i know i said no villains, but id like to see an ultimate thanos mini (sorta like ultimate galactus)

Latest posts

Back