New User, new to comics, Fresh Meat!

Khampelf

I collected some underground comics in the 80s, but recently got bit by an Ambush Bug. I've compiled a list of his appearances, cameos and mentions and started a fan club on FaceBook.

So I'm not seeing huge amounts of traffic, who is still around?

Yeah, I'm not afraid to just jump in and start mixing it up, just like you know who.

Oh, and nine more likes and FB will start giving me usage stats and whatnot.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated ridicule and abuse.

I'm confused, is ambush a comic book? A super hero?

And no, I don't know who. But feel free to mix it up anyway
FYI: Trying to get likes for your Facebook fan page isn't really good form. especially in your first post. Just sayin'

But welcome, Khampelf

Last edited:
Welcome!

I don't think I've heard of Ambush, myself.

Check out the forum index; there's a lot of discussion on a lot of things.

Guys, I think he means Ambush Bug, the Keith Giffen parody character who currently appears in the channel 52 backups.

And hi. Have a cookie.

I'm confused, is ambush a comic book? A super hero?

And no, I don't know who. But feel free to mix it up anyway
FYI: Trying to get likes for your Facebook fan page isn't really good form. especially in your first post. Just sayin'

But welcome, Khampelf

Thank you, I truly didn't know that would be a faux pas. I was just looking for Ambush Bug fans and thought I might find some here. If it isn't you all, who should I tell? Jehovah's Witnesses?

You talk real funny, boy.

I find it's the best way to talk real, if you must.

Guys, I think he means Ambush Bug, the Keith Giffen parody character who currently appears in the channel 52 backups.

And hi. Have a cookie.

That's the one, but I wouldn't call him a parody character. Parody of what? Breaking the fourth wall is one of his super-powers, giving him extra-ordinary powers of exposition.
He does parody, sure. Parody of comics and the DC Universe specifically. OK, so he's a parody character, but that's not all that he is. He saved the Doom Patrol's ass from Mister Somebody Enterprises in that series' finale.
I've watched him go from failed super-villain to super-pest all the way to becoming an unreliable, unstable, yet occasionally useful member of the meta-human community.

Latest posts

Back