New USM sketches from Immonen!

It should affect it in some way. If nothing else Immonen's a decent writer himself so maybe they'll have a few conversations about things and he'll get some ideas in.

It should affect it in some way. If nothing else Immonen's a decent writer himself so maybe they'll have a few conversations about things and he'll get some ideas in.
Yeah, I'm beginning to suspect that there's a distinct difference between Immonen, who is quite a 'talker-writer' himself and Mark Bagley who's normally a quiet workhorse and practical man (and I suspect, not inclined to really questioning the work he's given to draw).

On the other hand Immonen said that he doesn't even talk to Ellis about the scripts to Nextwave so he probably has a pretty good appreciation of separation between the jobs.

Are you talking about the one on the lower right of the first page or the one on the upper left of the second page? I think that first one is the shadow of Spider-Man's head on his chest and the second one is just an extraneous line Immonen didn't erase.

Got it. It's a shadow... Yeah, that would be the one I was referring to. Sorry, there! :)

I'm wondering... regarding breathing new life into USM... Is there a remote possibility that Immonen's involvement in USM possibly mean that Bendis' writing might adjust slightly? Writers write differently with different artists at all, regardless of how little of the Marvel Method they use.

Yeah, but I think it's only minor things that they adjust for. If he's still pushing crap like MJGoblin it won't matter who's drawing it.

Those sketches look great. I am looking forward to Immonen's artwork in USM very much. While I'm waiting for issue 111, I can always pore over my copy of Nextwave #11. (NEXTWAVE!!)

Latest posts

Back