Newsarama commemorates 5 years of Ultimate Marvel

Also...

When I was working on Amazing it seemed I would go months without really drawing a human face, it was all Spider-Man masks and Venom heads.

I totally know what he means (from a reader's point of view). I was really big into ASM when he was on it and that story line in particular (I think it was around #375 or so) was brutal. He's right - it was all about Spider-Man and Venom and Peter's fake robot parents. Ugh. :roll:

I don't blame him for being burned out on it. *I* was burned out on it.

From the Bendis interview:

"Warriors" was so much fun to do, and Bagley is having such a great time on it too. Right after that arc, that's when Kitty Pryde, Peter's new girlfriend for those who didn't pick up the Annual, comes into the book as a supporting player. In that storyline, we introduce Silver Sable, who's also in the videogame that's coming out around the same time as that arc. So we have Silver Sable, as well as a couple of fun, new Ultimate characters popping up – Omega Red is one that's already been announced, and he's showing up to get his *** kicked.

After Silver Sable, we're going right into the storyline that will take us up to issue #100 and up to #103, which means there will be two anniversary issues in one storyline.

Thats interesting. So does this mean this arc will run from #91-99? Doesn't the Deadpool/Reavers arc occur after Silver Sable? I guess this means it will be a part of the bigger Countdown to 100 storyline. Sounds interesing.

NRAMA: So Kitty is the plan for the next little while?

BB: Kitty is the plan for the next little while. Kitty's appearance in the book, on top of the book already being fun for us, just opened the door on new stories we can tell and interesting possibilities with the book that we didn't have before. So yeah, I can't imagine not writing the book.

To Robert Kirkman's constant disappointment.

So it looks like Kitty will be in the title for awhile, at least, which I'm glad to hear. So far Bendis and Vaughan have coordinated the storylines well enough to make sense and not cause timeline screw-ups.

Last edited:
NRAMA: What can the fans look forward to seeing in the coming months?

MB: I'll leave the teasing to Brian…he is really good at it.

Eh? Saying "Stay tuned" 500 times is "really good"? :sure:

Oh no wait - it was "All will be revealed." :roll:

Whoops.

DIrishB said:
No, I'm pretty sure it was "oy". Thats why he brought Kitty into USM, so he'd have someone believable (since Kitty's Jewish) to have Peter get into a Yiddish diatribe with. You know its coming.
Nope. Its what E said.

He said it a bazillion times alone in the Brian Weekend in Newsarama.

DIrishB said:
Yeah I know, I was kidding. Should have used a smiley, my bad. I just mentioned "oy" because he's always got Pete uttering Yiddish words for no apparent meaning.
Ahhhh, I gotcha.

Yeah, he does always have him with the Yiddish. :lol:

UltimateE said:
You can't help but respect Bagley when he says stuff like this:
Yeah, I thought that was awesome. compound doesn't really like Mark Bagley much, but I've always respected the guy since his work on Amazing Spider-Man.

The kind of hard solid workmanship the guy has put in since then really well, amazes me. You can say whatever you want about the flashy artists but Bagley's level of commitment and discipline just astounds.

Latest posts

Back