Newsarama features 6-page preview of Ultimate Iron Man #1

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Goodwill said:
I was already skeptical to begin with and this still isn't helping... I'm innocent I tell you!

I have to agree with Goodwill sorta. This mini isn't turning me on really. I was at work last night thinking about it though. I think I'm gonna go into this one with more of a it's a more dialogue/technical/personal story than it is an action thing for the first few issues anyway... . That might soften the blow a bit.

Bass

Nexus of the World
Since I've only seen these 6 pages, it'd be kind of unfair to discuss the story (since the inciting incident hasn't even occurred yet, let alone any acts), but I will mention that I don't care for the armour. The idea's nice... but I can imagine have Blue Troops being sent into a war zone, where the enemy use hoses to wipe away the armour. Seems a weakness to pressurised water is quite a big drawback... but then, I suppose it's only a blueprint.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

E

Excelsior Club
Bass said:
Since I've only seen these 6 pages, it'd be kind of unfair to discuss the story

...BUT....

Bass said:
I can imagine have Blue Troops being sent into a war zone, where the enemy use hoses to wipe away the armour. Seems a weakness to pressurised water is quite a big drawback... but then, I suppose it's only a blueprint.

Now you're starting to sound like Goody... :lol:

Friday

I can imagine blue goo being sprayed over the enemy troups and watching as it eats away thier skin.....

Goodwill

Well, we don't know where this is being taken yet... For all we know there could be no relevance to this and what Tony's involvement in the mini-series will be. From this and the solicitations, I'm beginning to think that this is more about Howard Stark than Tony.

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Goodwill said:
Well, we don't know where this is being taken yet... For all we know there could be no relevance to this and what Tony's involvement in the mini-series will be. From this and the solicitations, I'm beginning to think that this is more about Howard Stark than Tony.

I think Howard Stark is the reason Tony is going to be an alcoholic. It's just my gut tellin' me Howard Stark is the antagonist in this mini.

Bass

Nexus of the World
UltimateE said:
...BUT....

Now you're starting to sound like Goody... :lol:

But I'm not discussing story. I'm discussing a small part of the world of Ultimate Iron-Man. It'd be like discussing the super soldier serum, but not referring it to any story points, events, or characters. I'm just discussing an idea - not a story point (since, well, I've got no clue what the story's about yet).

E

Excelsior Club
Just a reminder that now that the issue is out all discussion should go in the issue discussion thread.

Bass

Nexus of the World
Ooo! It IS. (But I don't have my copy yet - soon though, and you shall learn the vengeance of Ultimate Bass)

I should have been a super-villain.

I would have been poop, but I still shoud'a been one.

Could've had a giant "B" on my chest.

*sigh*

MaxwellSmart

It's pointless to mock members in posts for being niave of crappy stories they had no way of knowing would be crap. It's pointless because everyone's posted crap that in hindsight is absolutely stupid.

Posts that were stupid even from uninformed perspective is of course always funny.

Bass

Nexus of the World
E said:
You read the first 5 pages of a 6 issue arc and poo-poo it because it doesn't amount to anything yet?! :roll: :roll: :roll:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAH!

YOU ****ING N00B!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Last edited:

E

Excelsior Club
Bass said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAH!

YOU ****ING N00B!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

This is my new favorite thread.

And in my defense, it didn't start sucking until #2.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I could have sworn it sucked right from the first page.

Probably because it didn't interest me.

Latest posts