Newsarama previews UFF#22 & The Ultimates Annual #1

You know what The Reserves means right? More Ultimate Falcon baby!

And its penciled by Steve Dillion, so I have to buy a newstand copy.

leather_w0lf said:
Why do I think the Ultimate Thunderbolts are the reserves?

It's logical, and certainly a realisitic way of introducing an entire team at the drop of a hat, but somehow I think it will just be another team that supports the Ultimates. Not saying that the Thunderbolts couldn't fit that bill, I think they're better suited as villains.

It cant be the thunderbolts. The Ultimate Universe cant afford to have a handful of there villains become heroes yet

I think it'll be force works

Well, the Defenders are supposed to show up, but Millar said something about the Reserves being original characters.

Superhero zombies. I love it. And people wonder why I have a picture of Millar painted on my wall that I sacrifice cockerel's too during the full... Um, wait. Sorry, thats not true, ignore that last bit :roll:. The Annual looks good as well, I can't wait to see whats REALLY going to happen in it.

The UFF issue reminds me of the exiles episodes where all the heroes had been turned into vampires.
I hope there is a better twist in the tale than just "bizarro" versions of themselves. But it does look pretty groovy.

And unless I've missed something, aren't the reserves supposed to be an all new team of all new characters? If so, why do people keep insisting that they are existing characters?

And it must fit into the existing timeline as it stands. I suppose, the widow suit is new, so it can't be a before-one-and-two jobbie.

ProjectX2 said:
BTW, it looks like MWF's Gah Lak Tus theory is out the window.
*Sigh* their loss.

The Ultimates Annual #1 - I've said a few things in other threads. This worries me because all the members are still intact. Project, I agree about Widow's armor. I wish they'd lose it. I'll talk more when I know where it falls in continuity.

UFF #21 - :shifty: What the hell? They had it! Even 2 pages into the preview I believed it was Galactus with all the talk about hunger and still the purple lightning. Why not!? Would it kill them to intertwine the Universe like that? Anyway, I love zombies, love them. I do not like "super-smart", perfect dialogue talking zombies. It looks good but now I'm getting skeptical of it all and am nowhere near as excited as I was for it...

Guijllons said:
The UFF issue reminds me of the exiles episodes where all the heroes had been turned into vampires.
I hope there is a better twist in the tale than just "bizarro" versions of themselves. But it does look pretty groovy.QUOTE]

This compliments my opinion as well. I don't see this going near what Millar promised, but I'm hoping for more than the zombies... There HAS to be more to it than that.

ProjectX2 said:
Pfft. We all know the real reason.

No, I asked him to. I totally missed what some are calling Ultimate Sentry, even though I wouldn't call him that. Maybe Ultimate Zombie Sentry, but not Ultimate Sentry.

UltimateE said:
No, I asked him to. I totally missed what some are calling Ultimate Sentry, even though I wouldn't call him that. Maybe Ultimate Zombie Sentry, but not Ultimate Sentry.

You missed that? You, Mr. Big Sentry Fan? I'm surprised, E! Lol, for those who don't know what we're talking about (from UFF #22):

uff22_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back