Newsarama previews Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1

Its not ARANA. Those pages are from an Arana preview. That is not Bendis's writing. Also the text size are different. Ones in cap and the other in lowercase. Kitty is the new girlfriend. It is so obvious after last months abrupt break up in UXM

PhoenixFactor said:
Its not ARANA. Those pages are from an Arana preview. That is not Bendis's writing. Also the text size are different. Ones in cap and the other in lowercase. Kitty is the new girlfriend. It is so obvious after last months abrupt break up in UXM
Serious? Than why is it added like that together as one?

THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US. 7...

icemastertron said:
Serious? Than why is it added like that together as one?

I still think that Arana... why dont we all wait till the issue comes out and then see what really is going on.

Well even if Arana is in ultimate spidy, she can't be the new Girlfriend, because there hair is way to diff, check the "cover" to the preview

The more I look at the preview, the more I'm thinking PhoenixFactor could be right. The text is different between the two, and doesn't it seem a little off for Bendis to introduce Arana to the Ultimate Universe? Just seems out of place for some reason. Could be the reason its posted both on Newsarama and Buzzscope is cuz the screw-up happened at Marvel when they sent it out to the sites. I guess the best thing to do now would be to look for a preview of the Arana book shipping in August and see if maybe a few pages od USM didn't end up in that preview (assuming there is one, which there probably isn't).

DIrishB said:
The more I look at the preview, the more I'm thinking PhoenixFactor could be right. The text is different between the two, and doesn't it seem a little off for Bendis to introduce Arana to the Ultimate Universe? Just seems out of place for some reason. Could be the reason its posted both on Newsarama and Buzzscope is cuz the screw-up happened at Marvel when they sent it out to the sites. I guess the best thing to do now would be to look for a preview of the Arana book shipping in August and see if maybe a few pages od USM didn't end up in that preview (assuming there is one, which there probably isn't).
I know, that's what I'm figuring too.

THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!

I'm thinking Marvel might have even done this on purpose to confuse people, after all we've had the USM Annual cover with the blacked out chick online now for weeks, and all of a sudden we get the preview showing Arana? I mean, we know she isn't the gf based off the fact she's never appeared in USM before. Plus the art looks kinda different, and like Phoenix said, the lettering is different (caps vs. lower-case).

Heh, I hope it's two previews. Otherwise USM is ruined with a webphone... :shock:

But nice art on both parts.

Bass said:
I liked this preview. I may pick this up.

That's it, crawl back to Bendis with your tail between your legs.... :p

This is indeed confusing as to whether or not it is two previews of 2 different books or not. I can't tell. But I can say this - just because we haven't seen this Arana in USM before - or should I say "noticed" - doesn't mean she wasn't there.

Bass knows what I'm talking about...Loki...Ultimates vol. 1....ya know....

On Newsarama this morning, they apologized for the mix up, those first two pages were from Arana #7, Marvel set them the wrong preview pages.

The real pages will be up later today

Yeah, I saw the Arana pages over at Buzzscope and I was flipping a lid... I didn't like the fact that the art seemed different to me and I didn't like the web phone bit, either. :) Thank goodness there's no Ultimate Arana!

UltimateE said:
That's it, crawl back to Bendis with your tail between your legs.... :p

This is indeed confusing as to whether or not it is two previews of 2 different books or not. I can't tell. But I can say this - just because we haven't seen this Arana in USM before - or should I say "noticed" - doesn't mean she wasn't there.

Bass knows what I'm talking about...Loki...Ultimates vol. 1....ya know....

Please. Loki isn't real.

Well, as E pointed out, the girl in the title could actually be someone we only saw briefly. Heck, it could be Tandie Bowen or whoever... Dagger, I believe everyone is saying she is. Who knows. This only throws us off even more (Not that we had any real lead...).

In all honesty I would've dug Arana in USM and I don't even like her.

Oh well, she's not in it and we get the full Spidey/Rhino battle as the preview. I hope it's explained why Rhino has shown up again because it doesn't seem like it's leaning that way. I definitely thought the whole advanced army tech was a cool take on him though but I'm more interested in what the deal with Rhino is under the armor. I have nothing to say about who the g/f is because... there's a thread for that and there's no further development from the previews.

Yeah, the Rhino has become something of a mystery in USM. I would like to see some light shed on his romp before he gets canned again... Sadly, I don't think that's gonna happen.

It was a mistake after all. But I highly doubt it was a mistake.

Newsarama said:
Note: The first two pages of Arana #7 were mistakenly released as the first two preview pages of Ultiamte Spider-Man Annual #1. Look for corrected pages later today.

Latest posts

Back