Newsarama previews Ultimates 2 #2

E

Excelsior Club
[IMGL]http://ultimatecentral.com/images/news-ults2no2.jpg[/IMGL] Marvel has provided Newsarama with the first five pages of Ultimates 2 #2 by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch. The issue is the second chapter of the "Gods and Monsters" arc, and features the first appearance by the Ultimate version of Captain Britain.

Marvel's solicitation for the issue reads:

COVER BY: BRYAN HITCH
WRITER: MARK MILLAR
PENCILS BY: BRYAN HITCH

"Gods & Monsters"
Who leaked the most terrible secret the Ultimates keep, and what does it have to do with Banner? Captain America takes matters into his own hands and confronts ex-Ultimates member Mighty Thor! Plus-a bizarre session between Bruce Banner and the most powerful telepath on Earth-Charles Xavier! Part 2 (of 5).

32 PGS./MARVEL PSR+...$2.99

The issue is due in stores on January 12th, 2005.

See the preview at http://www.newsarama.com/pages/Marvel/ULtimates2_2.htm

Shame on Marvel for the crappy scans. A lot of the text is unintelligible gibberish. :?

The art looks fantastic as usual though, and what little I can make out looks great.

I can't believe I'm going to be anal enough to say this, but I like the horizontal border bars on the cover better. :D

Looks pretty good so far, and Captain Brittian I do belive? Can anyone fill me in on his abilities?

And go Jarvis!

Looking good! Jarvis still scares my face and Iron Man's helping Captain Britain. Can't wait for the trade...

I that preview got me a little suspicious about Black Widow. I know it's a long shot but I think she is pulling a scam to get Stark's money. First of all she is a spy and should be able to lie and manipulate people emotions. Second, she might know that Stark has a tumor in his head that might kill him any time. Third of all, her code-name is Black Widow for crying out loud! And last but not least, we can expect anything from Millar, the guy who made Wolverine try to murder Cyclops. She is trying to make Iron man propose before he dies.

I might be wrong, but I think I am onto something here.

I liked the whole wolverine trying to kill cyclops... and then cyclops whomped him... it's the X-Moment I've been waiting for my entire life

as for Widow betraying Stark I can see it happening.... don't want it happening... wondering where you get that from the preview... cos I don't really see it there...

Besides I always thought that now Karen Page is dead Widow and Murdock should get together :twisted:

There is nothing substancial to back my teory up, just the way Natasha talks to Jarvis. She said that she didn't know why they (Natasha and Stark) paid Jarvis. It sounds as if they were already married. And she also said that Jarvis should get used to her because she was planning staying for a while...
Also, in issue 13 from vol. 1 she said that she had a too expensive taste to be interested in Thor, wich says that she needs her lovers to have a large bank acount (to finance her life stile).

I know it isn't much but that was enought to make me suspicious.

I've got to agree about Widow. Noce to see Captain Briton in there and Jarvis was good. The art was great despite the crappy scans

P.S I agree about the borders to UltimateE

Erm, you guys blind there?
The way I see it, we don't have to speculate if Widow could be after Tony's money. It's pretty obvious that Millar wants to give this impression to the reader. I think we should better discuss if there might be more to their relationship, if Natasha actually might have other motivations beyond money.

Rick

mutantfreak said:
I that preview got me a little suspicious about Black Widow. I know it's a long shot but I think she is pulling a scam to get Stark's money.

Sounds like 1602...

mutantfreak said:
I that preview got me a little suspicious about Black Widow. I know it's a long shot but I think she is pulling a scam to get Stark's money. First of all she is a spy and should be able to lie and manipulate people emotions. Second, she might know that Stark has a tumor in his head that might kill him any time. Third of all, her code-name is Black Widow for crying out loud! And last but not least, we can expect anything from Millar, the guy who made Wolverine try to murder Cyclops. She is trying to make Iron man propose before he dies.

I might be wrong, but I think I am onto something here.

That would be a great way to utilize her character. I mean, we've only really seen her there backing the Ultimates when the going gets REAL tough and to add to her character then would be extremely stupid. Now that she is in with Stark, we could really see her true character, you know? She's taken advantage of even Wolverine before (According to Bendis) so it's not really that farfetched, you know?

Good thought.

Ricky said:
Erm, you guys blind there?
The way I see it, we don't have to speculate if Widow could be after Tony's money. It's pretty obvious that Millar wants to give this impression to the reader. I think we should better discuss if there might be more to their relationship, if Natasha actually might have other motivations beyond money.

Is it really that obvious? I think it was clear from the start that what made Stark attractive to her was the fact that he had money and style. I think that assuming from that that she wants to get married, so she could get his money when he dies isn't obvious at all. I know that his money was always an issue, but I thought Natasha could have others reasons to like Tony (he is smart, funny, sophisticated etc...)
The more I think about it, it make sense that she would try to avoid getting emotionally close with some one who is about to die. I think she wants all of his money to herself.

Goodwill said:
I mean, we've only really seen her there backing the Ultimates when the going gets REAL tough

:sure:

Latest posts

Back