Newsarama reveals Kirkman and Raney on Ultimate X-Men.

Fuzzy Birds

As Newsarama posts:

* ULTIMATE X-MEN's new scribe Robert Kirkman kicks off a new story, "Date Night", in January 06, with Tom Raney on art. This will be followed by a new storyline in April 06 with artist Steve Dillon and then the return of Raney in June

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. This is actually pretty good news. I've met Kirkman, and he's a hilarious and clever guy. I predict that he'll do well on the title.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What else has Kirckman done? I've heard good things about him but don't know what he's done. I'm gonna miss Vaughan :(
He's the writer for Marvel Team-Up and Invincible (Image). And of course, he's going to do Marvel Zombies.

Great news!!! Kirkman is a really good writer, and he's great with a big cast, as proven with The Walking Dead. I'm all for him in this title!!

Hi-Fi said:
Great news!!! Kirkman is a really good writer, and he's great with a big cast, as proven with The Walking Dead. I'm all for him in this title!!
Same here!

Internet high five! Photo op!

*fa-kink*

He's a good follow-up to Vaughan. We shouldn't lose any steam with Kirkman on the title. And the artists are nice picks, as well.

There's confusion here.... So is Kirkman going to fill-in before Singer, since Singer's name is not mentioned at all. I don't mind if it's Kirkman though.

cmdrjanjalani said:
There's confusion here.... So is Kirkman going to fill-in before Singer, since Singer's name is not mentioned at all. I don't mind if it's Kirkman though.
Yes. Kirkman is doing two arcs before Singer comes on.

TheManWithoutFear said:
You know what sucks? Millar off Ultimates and Vaughan off UXM. Do these guys have boards and Q&A's?

Does a writer honestly need a message board to be a good writer? :?

I'm glad Loeb and Kirkman are the new writers. I enjoy both writers' work.

icemastertron said:
Yes. Kirkman is doing two arcs before Singer comes on.

I thought he was doing three arcs.

first arc: Raney
second arc: Dillon
third arc: Raney

And high five indeed, ice!

Hi-Fi said:
I thought he was doing three arcs.

first arc: Raney
second arc: Dillon
third arc: Raney

And high five indeed, ice!
Oh, sorry. Yes, three. Was thinking of something else, my bad.

YESSSSS!!!! Best news of the week!

I was really not looking forward to the end of BKV's run on UXM (I still am gonna be sad when it's over, though), but KIRKMAN is freaking awesome, and I can so see him doing well on this title. Dillon and Raney, in my mind, go well with Kirkman's writing, too. Wow. This PLUS an FF crossover PLUS Singer/McNiven (whenever the hell it happens) : UXM is my favorite book now. :D

Oh, and: BUY MARVEL TEAM-UP. :roll:
(It's kind of a no-brainer)

*watches Baxter dance like crazy*

*joins in*

Latest posts

Back