Newsarama reveals Ultimate Iron Man II artist; Ult. X-Men/UFF crossover coming soon.

Fuzzy Birds

Taken from Newsarama:

- Pasqual Ferry was officially named as a Marvel exclusive, as well as being the artist on the upcoming Ultimate Iron Man II miniseries, as well as an upcoming Ultimate FF/X-Men two issue crossover.

Hit the link below for more related news

Marvel's plans for the coming months

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting. I wonder if that crossover will be dealt with in the respective titles.... a two issue miniseries sounds a bit too mini. Don't know who Pasqual Ferry is, though I hope his art distracts from Card's storytelling. I'm most interested in this 'back up story' thing. Was this previously announced? I take it to be a short story about Vision that runs in the back pages of the core Ultimate titles. Being a collector of everything Ultimate, I look forward to reading this...

Awesome news.

I dont think I've seen any art from that artist, but I can't wait for the UXM/UFF crossover. Sucks its only 2 issues, though.

GREAT find, fuzz-man! 8)

You think that's good, check the link within the link:

He's a she?

So, Vision is female. There will be 6 four page stories running through the Ultimate titles, which will not be collected in TPB, although there will be an Ultimate Vision Limited Series.....

Fuzzy Birds said:
You think that's good, check the link within the link:

He's a she?

So, Vision is female. There will be 6 four page stories running through the Ultimate titles, which will not be collected in TPB, although there will be an Ultimate Vision Limited Series.....
OW! OW! OW!

You're giving me an ultimate heart attack! And I'm loving it!

So, Vision is a she. Which Vision? Vision or Vision II? I'm guessing Vision II since Ultron will be a villian in Ultimates.So. . .does this mean Vision II'll be getting with Quicksilver rathar than Scarlet Witch? Or is Vision a lesbian? Maybe she'll have somesort of relationship with female Silver Surfer! :lol: Sucks that this isn't going to be collected in trades, guess I'll just have to keep my singles then.

Ultimate X-men/FF crossover. . .hmmmmm. Could be intresting.

Ultimate Iron Man sucks. But, who knows. Maybe the second series is when Tony's an adult and Card'll hit his stride. Ahhhh, who am I kidding. Just getting this for completeness sake.

Backstories in the Ultimate books - cool idea. Bad decision to not collect it in a TPB or even a single issue, though. It would be one thing if it was a huge enough story (or character) that people would get it who might not ordinarily buy any given Ultiamte book, but Vision? Nah.

Glad to see they are doing a new Ultimates/Ultimate X-Men crossover to help us forget about Ultimate War.

UltimateE said:
Backstories in the Ultimate books - cool idea. Bad decision to not collect it in a TPB or even a single issue, though. It would be one thing if it was a huge enough story (or character) that people would get it who might not ordinarily buy any given Ultiamte book, but Vision? Nah.

Glad to see they are doing a new Ultimates/Ultimate X-Men crossover to help us forget about Ultimate War.

Make that Ultimate Fantastic Four/Ultimate X Men crossover.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Make that Ultimate Fantastic Four/Ultimate X Men crossover.

I stand corrected.

I still hated Ultimate War though. :D

UltimateE said:
I stand corrected.

I still hated Ultimate War though. :D

Who liked it?

Anyway, just been checking out some of Pasqual (Pascual?) Ferry's artwork on a few Spanish sites, and it's actually very very good. Not particularly groundbreaking, and it doesn't even stand out much, but it's pretty much flawless work, slightly reminiscent of Tom Raney without the facial difficulties.

UPDATED IMPRESSIONS:

I only skimmed the Newarama article the first time. Went back to look at the art, here's what I got out of it.

Ultimate Iron Man - The art looks GREAT! I PRAY Card learns how to write between now and then.

Ultimate Vision - WOAH! Wait a minute, step back. Vision did NOT look like that. EITHER Vision. So, did Hank get horny and redesign her or something? Maybe Ultron'll look different too. . .I'm almost positive we'll see the 6-part story collected in the Ultimate Vision Limited Series or as a one-shot with Mad's cover, like E said. It'd be stupid to leave it alone.

Supreme Power: Squadron Supreme - I know it isn't Ultimate, but it might as well be. At first, I was aprhensive about the move, but I think it'll work well since they'll all FINALLY be a team. And there's defeintly more than the core characters there (Hyperion, Power Princess, Dr. Spectrum, Amphibian, Nighthawk, Blur).
I'm assuming the characters chasing down Hyperion join as well (Not that there was any real doubt in my mind. (Who I'm assuming are Nuke, Arcana, Tom Thumb, and ???). There are 11 people in the photo (Which looks hauntingly similair to the original Squadron Supreme TPD cover), from what I could make out. The 11th person might be the Skrullian Skymaster, but who knows? Point being: It'll be a DAMN good series.

Lynx said:
Ultimate Vision - WOAH! Wait a minute, step back. Vision did NOT look like that. EITHER Vision. So, did Hank get horny and redesign her or something? Maybe Ultron'll look different too. . .
Vision II would be easier to explain. The Ultron and Vision II we saw with Hank were pretty basic and early prototypes. It wouldn't be a huge stretch to say as Pym further developed his designs he was exploring AIs that took on male (Ultron) and female (Vision) personalities and gave them bodies to match.

It would be funnier if it was the original Vision. Falcon: "It's a downright shame what those mean old Russians did to you. We'll need to build you a new body. Do they have 'D-Cups' where you come from?"

Fuzzy Birds said:
Who liked it?

Anyway, just been checking out some of Pasqual (Pascual?) Ferry's artwork on a few Spanish sites, and it's actually very very good. Not particularly groundbreaking, and it doesn't even stand out much, but it's pretty much flawless work, slightly reminiscent of Tom Raney without the facial difficulties.
I did.

And the guy's art does indeed look excellent. Also, now we know why Millar wanted characters around the 80's. :)

icemastertron said:
I dont think I've seen any art from that artist, but I can't wait for the UXM/UFF crossover. Sucks its only 2 issues, though.

GREAT find, fuzz-man! 8)

I was reading the other post when I saw this one, and I thought to myself. Why not post a site that list artist & their work. so we can just look them up when needed. So here a sit I fond. http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/index.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back