Newsarama shows Ultimate X-Men #61 variant

ultimatedjf

Newsarama.com provides the variant cover to Ultimate X-Men #61, which is one of Olivier Coipel's unused covers for Ultimate X-Men, shown in the Young Guns sketch book.

Marvel's incentive order for this is 1:15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool variant. Looks like Wolverines gonna rejoin the team in the next issue, which unfortunately means storm might too :cry:

Finaly they put that to use. Looks AWESOME colored. Can't wait to see how the girls one will turn out. THEY BETTER USE THAT!

Last edited:
Nurhachi said:
Cool variant. Looks like Wolverines gonna rejoin the team in the next issue, which unfortunately means storm might too :cry:
Storm isn't THAT bad as a character as you put her out to be.

I don't think angel looks too good in this one, maybe better in uniform? Regardless i think i'm gonna get it just because i'm a completist like that. Does 1:15 mean it's gonna be $15?

This isn't a shockingly cool cover considering it's probably going cost three times as much.

MaxwellSmart said:
This isn't a shockingly cool cover considering it's probably going cost three times as much.
I'm pretty much with you. Coipel's art i good as usual but I really prefer him on interiors. Isn't this an issue with a nice cover anyway?

I think that the cover looks really cool with the exception of Angel. what the hell is that guy wearing? Otherwise, I thought that the few modifications to the uniform (The zippers) were cool, too, it made them look realistic, and Iceman looks GREAT! I hope he gets more panel time than he's gotten. He should have been on the rebel's side in the Most Dangerous Game.

Also, don't hate on Storm, she's really cool now. With the exception of the fact that she likes Wolverine more than friends, the edge is really starting to grow on me.

icemastertron said:
Lol, no.

It means that for the comic shops, they have to order 15 copies of the regular cover to get 1 copy of the variant.

...which some unscrupulous stores will undoubtedly try to sell for $15.

Get out! That's a crime right there! I got that thing for less than the cover price because I know the guy that runs the shop at the beach where I go. That's pretty messed up...

Anyway, the girls cover could be used, too, but I don't know if they would do two variant covers after the other, would they?

Yeah, that place'll go outta business real fast if they keep that kinda stuff up. My buddy said that a shop around here did that and bit it within a few years of its opening. Seriously, it gets to be that bad for comic shops when they don't properly price things.

Latest posts

Back