Batman Begins
Lord of the Rings(es)
Superbad
Adventureland
Napoleon Dynamite
Star Trek

is more like it

Last edited:
Interesting. I don't really see how Gladiator is a "geek" movie, but whatever. They movies they "beat out" seemed to be pretty arbitrary pairings. Interesting list nonetheless.

I'm actually fine with that list, though I'd put Dark Knight in opposed to Begins just because there was no shear geek out moment as when the Joker was on screen in DK.

I'm actually fine with that list, though I'd put Dark Knight in opposed to Begins just because there was no shear geek out moment as when the Joker was on screen in DK.

That didn't seem like a "geek" moment to me. Ledger's Joker is very overrated because of the hype because of his death. Batman Begins is what launched the realistic, reboot idea and gave fans the Batman they'd been waiting for since Schumacher took a **** on the franchise. Plus, every single person on the planet loved The Dark Knight, not just geeks.

On another note, there's a lot of geek chic in Judd Apatow movies, and Michael Cera and others have made it cooler to be a geek with movies like Superbad, Juno, etc.

Last edited:
Newsarama is a rubbish website.

Latest posts

Back