Next Ultimate event "at least six months away"

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
From Newsarama

Quesada said that they are looking at possibilities for a new Ultimate Universe-wide storyline, but anything along those lines would be at least six months away.

This could mean either a giant crossover, or a whole new event. I'm presuming this is something they're looking for OTHER than Ultimate Power and Ultimate Invasion.

Why can't the Ultimate Universe have a little peace for once?
 

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

ProjectX2 said:
From Newsarama



This could mean either a giant crossover, or a whole new event. I'm presuming this is something they're looking for OTHER than Ultimate Power and Ultimate Invasion.

Why can't the Ultimate Universe have a little peace for once?

I agree.

No more events for a good while after Power and "Invasion".
 

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
9,401
Location
Zoo Atlanta
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

eerr... If it's six months down the line, they'll still be barely into Ultimate Power. Slow down, Quesada!
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

Zombipanda said:
eerr... If it's six months down the line, they'll still be barely into Ultimate Power. Slow down, Quesada!
Slow down? All it said that any mention of the actual even would be said in 6 months. Nothing said when it would come out. It might be somewhere near the end of 2007 since Ultimate Power won't end until June (assuming it comes out regularly).
 

Dancanread

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
1,638
I thought ultimate invasion was just a rumor?

Btw that was my first post. :D
 

thatdandydinty

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
112
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

you know what's sick? to think in like 5 years or so we may be seeing things like ultimate house of m or ultimate civil war. heh.
 

cmdrjanjalani

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
707
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

Ultimates 2 is technically the "major event" for the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Extinction ended with a whimper with Gah Lak Tus not even have at least one of its parts landing on Earth and its storyline not having any impact at all with the main books.

We haven't heard of anything about Ultimate Invasion, so this event most likely is Invasion.
 

E.Vi.L.

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
1,276
Location
Montréal
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

ProjectX2 said:
Why can't the Ultimate Universe have a little peace for once?

Yeah. Peace. That's what we need.

Next Ultimates arc should be about Fury competing for the Peace Nobel prize.

Reed should invent the Ultimate Pacifier.

The X-Men should hold a bed-in at the Queen Elizabeth hotel in Montreal.

"All we are sayyyyiiing, is give peace a chance!"

That will rock.
 
Last edited:

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

E.Vi.L. said:
Yeah. Peace. That's what we need.

Next Ultimates arc should be about Fury competing for the Peace Nobel prize.

Reed should invent the Ultimate Pacifier.

The X-Men should hold a bed-in at the Queen Elizabeth hotel in Montreal.

"All we are sayyyyiiing, is give peace a chance!"

That will rock.

I'd rather that then "The original Marvel Universe clashes with the Ultimate Universe! See original Cap versus Ultimate Cap! Vivking Thor against Hippy Thor! Young Spidey against Old Spidey! Why are they fighting!? FOR THE HELL OF IT!"
 

E.Vi.L.

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
1,276
Location
Montréal
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

Lynx said:
I'd rather that then "The original Marvel Universe clashes with the Ultimate Universe! See original Cap versus Ultimate Cap! Vivking Thor against Hippy Thor! Young Spidey against Old Spidey! Why are they fighting!? FOR THE HELL OF IT!"

First of all, who is talking about a 616 VS UU event?

Secondly, it was just a silly tongue and cheek comments about Project X's choice of words. The UU needs Peace? Not story needs peace. Even Gilmore Girls can't have peace. Conflict is what drive any story. You only have a hint of peace at the serie finale, if then. What Proj really meant was more along the line of "Why can't they focus on the UU core titles for a while." But I couldn't help myself. It's who I am.

Thirdly, I'm pretty sure you would prefer a 616 VS UU story over "Peace Universe : The fight for boredom". After all, my example was purposefully idiotic and what would it say about you if you thought it had any value? ;) . A peaceful UU would be worse than watching a soap opera. Or 22 blank page. At least I can draw on 22 blank pages.
 
Last edited:

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

E.Vi.L. said:
First of all, who is talking about a 616 VS UU event?

Secondly, it was just a silly tongue and cheek comments about Project X's choice of words. The UU needs Peace? Not story needs peace. Even Gilmore Girls can't have peace. Conflict is what drive any story. You only have a hint of peace at the serie finale, if then. What Proj really meant was more along the line of "Why can't they focus on the UU core titles for a while." But I couldn't help myself. It's who I am.

Thirdly, I'm pretty sure you would prefer a 616 VS UU story over "Peace Universe : The fight for boredom". After all, my example was purposefully idiotic and what would it say about you if you thought it had any value? ;) . A peaceful UU would be worse than watching a soap opera. Or 22 blank page. At least I can draw on 22 blank pages.

First, i was giving you an example of something I would rather not have over "Peace". Plus, I think Proj X meant not some Universe-wide conflict when he said "Peace". The UU is relatively at peace when there is no major conlict involving every single book.

Second, I was being facetious, too. It works both ways.

Third, please see "First" and "Second". If there ever was a 616 vs UU crossover, I would drop the entire Ultimate line while I would be perfectly happy if there wasn't some major Universe-wide event for a good long while.
 
Last edited:

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

Lynx said:
Third, please see "First" and "Second". If there ever was a 616 vs UU crossover, I would drop the entire Ultimate line while I would be perfectly happy if there wasn't some major Universe-wide event for a good long while.

Honestly, I would hate a 616 and Ultimate crossover. I'd sign every Internet petition on the web (though they probably wouldn't do any good) and might even picket outside Marvel headquarters in only my chaps to prevent such a thing. I think many people, fans of both universes even, would be against it. I'm sure there would still be a fair percentage who will buy the book, whether they wanted to see it happen or are just curious to how it turned out. But I doubt any comic in history would have as big a protest to it as a serious 616/Ultimate crossover.

However, at that point (a 616/Ultimate crossover) I wouldn't totally give up on the Ultimate universe. I would just continue to buy Ultimate titles and hope to God such a crossover would be an isolated event (which obviously based on sales it could or could not be). I'm a completist, and still overall enjoy the majority of the Ultimate titles (Ultimates, UFF, UXM, USM, various Ultimate minis--favorites in that order) and would continue to buy them in the future. Its a hobby of mine and I enjoy it. And I've put in too much time and money to just drop the titles...I'm interested, though not as hooked as I once was when I first discovered the Ultimate titles.
 
Last edited:

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

DIrishB said:
Honestly, I would hate a 616 and Ultimate crossover. I'd sign every Internet petition on the web (though they probably wouldn't do any good) and might even picket outside Marvel headquarters in only my chaps to prevent such a thing. I think many people, fans of both universes even, would be against it. I'm sure there would still be a fair percentage who will buy the book, whether they wanted to see it happen or are just curious to how it turned out. But I doubt any comic in history would have as big a protest to it as a serious 616/Ultimate crossover.

However, at that point (a 616/Ultimate crossover) I wouldn't totally give up on the Ultimate universe. I would just continue to buy Ultimate titles and hope to God such a crossover would be an isolated event (which obviously based on sales it could or could not be). I'm a completist, and still overall enjoy the majority of the Ultimate titles (Ultimates, UFF, UXM, USM, various Ultimate minis--favorites in that order) and would continue to buy them in the future. Its a hobby of mine and I enjoy it. And I've put in too much time and money to just drop the titles...I'm interested, though not as hooked as I once was when I first discovered the Ultimate titles.

I see what you're saying, but, for me, such a crossover would be a blight on the UU, and would, in my eyes, just make the UU another alternate universe from 616. I'm a completist, too, and a crossover would mean that I would need to delve into 616 (Like how I collect Supreme-verse titles and Marvel Zombies, even though they aren't Ultimate titles), and is something I refuse to do.
 

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
9,059
Location
Boston, Massachusetts
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

E.Vi.L. said:
Secondly, it was just a silly tongue and cheek comments about Project X's choice of words. The UU needs Peace? Not story needs peace. Even Gilmore Girls can't have peace. Conflict is what drive any story. You only have a hint of peace at the serie finale, if then.


Still, I think we can all agree that Orange County will be much more peaceful now that Marissa's gone to that great Tijuana in the sky.
 

E.Vi.L.

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
1,276
Location
Montréal
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

I had to google Orange+county+marissa. Looks like you are talking about a show called The OC.

My world was better before I read a few lines about it. The brain can only store so much useless info, you know. Well, we are all posting on a forum dedicated to comic book so obviously it is too late to start worrying about that now.
 
Last edited:

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
9,059
Location
Boston, Massachusetts
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

E.Vi.L. said:
I had to google Orange+county+marissa. Looks like you are talking about a show called The OC.

My world was better before I read a few lines about it. The brain can only store so much useless info, you know. Well, we are all posting on a forum dedicated to comic book so obviously it is too late to start worrying about that now.

Heh.
 

iceman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
1,030
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

E.Vi.L. said:
I had to google Orange+county+marissa. Looks like you are talking about a show called The OC.

My world was better before I read a few lines about it. The brain can only store so much useless info, you know. Well, we are all posting on a forum dedicated to comic book so obviously it is too late to start worrying about that now.

I'm pretty sure the writer of the OC is writing Young Avengers. Now burn that comic-book knowledge into your skull, so OC will be permanent!
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Re: Another Ultimate Universe event?

iceman said:
I'm pretty sure the writer of the OC is writing Young Avengers. Now burn that comic-book knowledge into your skull, so OC will be permanent!
Allen Heinberg doesn't write The O.C. anymore. He writes (and produces) Grey's Anotomy (as I've read).
 

Latest posts

Top