Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Will Smith? That's absolutely disgusting mostly because I REALLY hate Will Smith. However, there are two ways this could go:

He could drop the smart-mouth schtick he's been doing since his days as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and actually play the part right and I think I might be sold even more if he DOES shave his head.

That seems unlikely though, so maybe they're going with a minor comedic direction --- like Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery but not as crazy --- that might play to a psychedelic 60s influenced Steranko-esque approach.

In that case, it might work, it just won't be the Fury either of us know, something I'm willing to accept since I hardly demand or expect Hollywood to remain faithful to the characters they're adapting.

Well the thing is Marvel IS running the show... sooo what the ****! He would be horrible, you have to have someone who appears to have been in many battles who has a commanding presence, Will smith does not.

Random said:
Well the thing is Marvel IS running the show... sooo what the ****! He would be horrible, you have to have someone who appears to have been in many battles who has a commanding presence, Will smith does not.
There are different kinds of toughness and bad-assery. Samuel L. Jackson is not the only kind.

True, Will Smith does not have the commanding presence to be a hard-as-nails superspy... but he's perfectly capable of convincing people of his competence in getting things done in spite of his bumbling "I approach chicks and try to talk up a good game and end up putting my foot in my mouth later" nature in films like Independence Day, Men In Black and I, Robot.

Look what you're making me do: I hate Will Smith and now I'm defending him.

ourchair said:
....Look what you're making me do: I hate Will Smith and now I'm defending him.

HA-HA!!! :points finger:

Ok........here's my 2 pesos.

I like Will Smith. I even own Wild Wild West on DVD. Will Smith is a credible actor. Yeah---I know what I just said.................................AND I know how stupid it sounds. But you have to remember---he has range. Just look at Ali. He got a Best Actor nomination outta that role. He had the role down......he just looked like Will Smith.

Smith has been typecasted into playing himself in movies. In I Robot that wasn't Will Smith playing the role of some slick trash talking cyborg detective..........it's if Will smith was some slick trash talking cyborg detective..........that's how he'd act. Anyways I got sidetracked---

Will Smith as Nick Fury???? HELL NO!!!! Bruce Willis as Nick Fury??? Yeah---good possibility. George Clooney as ick Fury??? Now we're talking. David Hasselfhoff as Nick Fury???? Cinematic gold!!!! :lol: (<----You gotta admit...he did have the look down)

BTW----what is Fury's rank??? Sometimes I read he's a Colonel...sometimes he's a General....what's the deal??? And this is in both series Ultimate and 616???

Victor Von Doom said:
David Hasselfhoff as Nick Fury???? Cinematic gold!!!! :lol: (<----You gotta admit...he did have the look down)

fury2.jpg

URL: http://digilander.libero.it/davidhasselhoff/foto/nickfury/fury2.jpg
(in case the site doesn't allow out-linking)

I always believed this pic was a caption contest waiting to happen.

TheManWithoutFear said:
.....I mean the man was KnightRider.

Bump that homeboy----he will always be Mitch Buchannon of Baywatch.....................................and the ill-lived Baywatch Nights ****shudders****

I believe Fury was a colonel then promoted to general.

Hasselhoff does really look like Fury.

Will Smith, never because you need a weathered soldier look, a guy whose been in countless battles, like a Sam Fisher type character from Splinter Cell. He is a good actor, but not for Fury.

Bruce Willis, okay I presonally can't see it being that great a chioce, but who knows.

Now whether or not they go with 616 or Ultimate depends on the story. If it is something like SHIELD is corrupted and Fury is fighting against the reemergence of Hydra. I would say 616 look would go better for the "one man against everything" plot. I can think of the plot that would suit Ultimate Fury. I hope they go with 616 because Ultimate would seem like Shaft with an eye patch to most audiences.

Random said:
............. I hope they go with 616 because Ultimate would seem like Shaft with an eye patch to most audiences.

SHUT 'CHO MOUTH!!!!!

I know...I know...you're just talkin' 'bout Shaft... :wink:

Fanboys prepare for you wet dreams to come true

Samuel L. Jackson said:
"I see [Marvel movie producer] Avi Arad a lot, because we live in the same neighborhood," Jackson said. "I express my interest in [working with him]. I always wanted to be Iron Man, because he was always like the rich dude who created this whole thing." He's not really kept as a superhero, he just creates stuff to make himself a superhero as a rich guy." Although an "Iron Man" film is on Marvel's fast-track, Jackson is doubtful that he'd ever be asked to play Tony Stark. The actor is, however, hopeful that Arad will listen to his pleas regarding another veteran Marvel hero with a film in development who was recently given a comic-book makeover to resemble none other than ... Samuel L. Jackson! "Nick Fury would be great," Jackson said of the hard-boiled S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. "I've been reading Nick Fury since when I was a kid. I collect comics. ... I'm kind of geeky."

I'm kinda against it, just because Sam is so iconic he'll overshadow the role, and I dont think Ultimate Nick Fury would be that great for a movie. But only time may tell.

Oh and one more thing

UNF.jpg

Random said:
Fanboys prepare for you wet dreams to come true

I bounced up and down in my seat for a good 5 minutes muttering "I am sick and tired of these motherf**king snakes on this motherf**king helicarrier"....

Bruce Willis is one of my favorite actors, and he could Nail nick fury.

Nick Fury, the 616 version, is one of my alltime favorite characters in Comic Books... He just kicks ***.

I'd rather Willis to Jackson, and I'd rather Hasselhoff again to Will Smith.... I know Ultimate Fury looks just like Mr. Snakes on a Plane, but that isn't a good reason to cast him in the role. The character needs a rough edge that SLJ just doesn't have... I'm not saying that he doesn't work as a modern military man, but there isn't a chance in hell that a Black Man could have been the American James Bond during the Cold War, because there weren't high ranking black soviets for him to impersonate... And Fury works best as a Cold War operative past his prime. The Cold War and Fury go together like Captain America and WWII. It's a practical thing, because US Intelligence didn't give a **** about being racially sensitive. Ultimate Fury Works, because he rose to power at the end of the Cold War, and was a high ranking operative through the Gulf War. When you mix that with 616 Fury, it doesnt work, and on its own its only a good sidestory, it's not good on its own.

And the more I think of Bruce willis in the eyepatch, the more I hope to God that Smith isn't being considered, and Willis gets the job.

A Willis film centered around a man who the entire world views as obsolete, until some loose ends from an old Soviet case file start to tie up, and he's called back into action to prove that he's still the best at what he does.

Perhaps in the film, the head of SHIELD would be killed, and Fury could become director at the end.

One thing is better executed in Ultimates though... Helicarriers. And a SHIELD movie better ****ing have a Helicarrier.

Last edited:
I completely agree, and I think they should tease us and have it set on a normal air craft carrier, than at a critical moment have it launch up, that would be an awesome scene. Bruce Willis all the way

Bruce Willis would be ok but I really don't see him as Fury. Will Smith.....maybe for young Nick Fury but nothing else. Samuel L. Jackson .....come on people! Hes god dang perfect. How could he not play someone as Nick Fury? He has the soldier thing down, he cusses, and he looks like Ultimate Nick Fury.....so whats wrong?

By the way, has anybody heard about Ultimate Marvel TV shows or movies? I think we might have to wait a long time.

Thor said:
Bruce Willis would be ok but I really don't see him as Fury. Will Smith.....maybe for young Nick Fury but nothing else. Samuel L. Jackson .....come on people! Hes god dang perfect. How could he not play someone as Nick Fury? He has the soldier thing down, he cusses, and he looks like Ultimate Nick Fury.....so whats wrong?

Because he's too smooth and cool. Is there any aspect about Nick Fury that strikes you as smooth? He's as rough as a tree's arse. He's grizzled, bitter, cynical and crude to look at. He lacks sophistication. He doesn't wine and dine while wearing Armani like the Ultimate version. He is a soldier.

Bruce Willis all the way baby.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Bruce Willis all the way baby.

Anyone not convinced that Willis could play Fury should watch "Tears of the Sun". After seeing that, I'd buy him as Fury.

But would I want to see him as Fury? Probably not.....the contrast in looks would be too distracting.

I don't get your whole "difference in looks thing"

This is Nick Fury:
punisher_13.jpg

This is Bruce Willis:
pic.jpg

And so... THIS is Nick Fury:
f4402c71.jpg

Latest posts

Back