No Captain France?

jtg3885

Banned
We're getting Captain Britain in U2 #4, and (I think) new characters in Captains Italy and Spain... but why don't we get Captain France? Especially after the infamous line in U1, I've gotta wonder if MM is Francophobic or something.

*ponders MM's Captain France*
"You think this letter on my head stands for France?!"
"Oui? It is an F, is it not?"
"Oh. My bad."

jtg3885 said:
We're getting Captain Britain in U2 #4, and (I think) new characters in Captains Italy and Spain... but why don't we get Captain France? Especially after the infamous line in U1, I've gotta wonder if MM is Francophobic or something.

*ponders MM's Captain France*
"You think this letter on my head stands for France?!"
"Oui? It is an F, is it not?"
"Oh. My bad."

He could be dressed in all white.

UltimateE said:
He could be dressed in all white.
Then how could you tell when he was surrendering versus when he... oh wait, the French don't DO anything else in combat. My bad.

jtg3885 said:
Then how could you tell when he was surrendering versus when he... oh wait, the French don't DO anything else in combat. My bad.

Exactly. And a cape would be especially handy.

icemastertron said:
BEWARE OF THE CURSE OF THE CAPE! :shock:

Yeah, but in this case it would actually serve a purpose. Besides, you think a French soldier is going to fight long enough to be put into any kind of danger? :noway:

UltimateE said:
Yeah, but in this case it would actually serve a purpose. Besides, you think a French soldier is going to fight long enough to be put into any kind of danger? :noway:
I cannot argue against that.

ill drink to that (if i ever decide to drink)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Eh, personally I'd like to see a Captain Ireland.... Mmmm yes... :twisted:

'that would be like the ultimate what if story....tony stark as captain ireland....beer, babes, battles, get robert kirkman to write it, maybe erik larsen to draw it....a potato symbol on his chest and we are in business....

as for captain france....i think just "the captain" is good enough

The Captain said:
'that would be like the ultimate what if story....tony stark as captain ireland....beer, babes, battles, get robert kirkman to write it, maybe erik larsen to draw it....a potato symbol on his chest and we are in business....

as for captain france....i think just "the captain" is good enough

:lol: :lol:

I imagine there will be some controvercy on the independence of the Euro Ultimates from their American counterparts. Some will probably claim their just more firepower backing Western expansion (like Britain just being our sidekick all the time). France will either not want to take part in it or will finally be reluctantly pushed onto the team w/ the backing of some pro-US benefactors in Paris, if there are any, are there?

I dunno, just my thoughts...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Eh, personally I'd like to see a Captain Ireland.... Mmmm yes...

Crikey, another american that thinks he's Irish? sheesh!

And I think there will be a lot of issue with Cap Britain just being seen a stooge for the US, hell, for the longest time the UK had their own agenda in the Gulf, now it looks something different, and it makes me ashamed that my government is bending to the will of junior. :spit:

But I'm sure Millar will be very conscious and aware that there is no captain France, and dressed all in white is a superb idea:D The French don't very much like playing the grown up political games, and well.. there will always be some animosity between the British and the French, or maybe that should be just the English and the French, and Millar is a Scot if I recall?

Guijllons said:
See, this is what happens when your country doesn't even have a real name, you have to rely on the culture of others ;)

:shock: My nationality is 100% American, my ethnicity is 90% Irish 5% German and 5% Scottish. That's just how it goes I'm proud of my Nationality and I'm proud of my ethnicity.

And the Name of my country is The United States of America.... *****...

America is the name of the continent not the country :)

And hell, I have Scot, French, Italian, Welsh and English in me. I'm still only English. (Though Also British and European depending on how wide you care to spread the net)

Off-topic, but quick SS lesson:

NORTH AMERICA- NAME OF CONTINENT

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA- NAME OF COUNTRY

Now let's get back on topic.

Latest posts

Back