One last thought about those Zombies

Forgive me for chiming in so late on this subject......

In all my wanderings through the Internet, I never saw what I considered the reason why only superheroes appear to be infected with the zombie virus. I thought the reason was that the heroes better trained for combat than the average Joe and so they overwhelmed the masses. A few Joes may have lasted a little longer but the large numbers of superheroes would get them eventually.

What do you people think? Agree or not? Did anyone see this theory somewhere else?

I think the virus may only attack activated celestial seeds (See Earth X or its sequels). Also I think originally the superhero that fell from the sky and brought the virus was suppose to be Superman

Random said:
I think the virus may only attack activated celestial seeds (See Earth X or its sequels). Also I think originally the superhero that fell from the sky and brought the virus was suppose to be Superman

It was the Sentry I think, but same difference.

MatrixRunner57 said:
Forgive me for chiming in so late on this subject......

No need to apologize - welcome to The UC.

MatrixRunner57 said:
In all my wanderings through the Internet, I never saw what I considered the reason why only superheroes appear to be infected with the zombie virus. I thought the reason was that the heroes better trained for combat than the average Joe and so they overwhelmed the masses. A few Joes may have lasted a little longer but the large numbers of superheroes would get them eventually.

What do you people think? Agree or not? Did anyone see this theory somewhere else?

The way I understood it, the zombie-ness spread to the superheroes and they ate the regular people.

Jack of Hearts said:
That only explains why superhumans were affected, not superHEROES.

There were plenty of supervillain zombies. Just look near the end of MZ.

And as far as only metahumans being zombies, I just assumed they were the only ones powerful enough to prevent themselves from being fully eaten before their flesh turned necrotic (is that even a word?).

Since we see non-superpowered super heroes infected, like Black Cat, does anyone else think that this virus was specifically engineered to take out these people? Maybe Someone with a grudge against most of these superheroes (and villains) genetically engineered a virus to take them all out, but it mutated and turned them into zombies.

I was under the impression that the virus was attracted to spandex.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'd like to see a Marvel Zombies video games from Capcom...that'd be really frikkin' hard.

Having fully read thru the topic, I completely agree with Frapalino.

Ultimate MJ said:
There were plenty of supervillain zombies. Just look near the end of MZ.

I went back and looked and I don't see any infected super-villains.

I also wonder how it's decided which super-heroes become zombies and which get eaten.

Jack of Hearts said:

I also wonder how it's decided which super-heroes become zombies and which get eaten.
http://media.comics.ign.com/media/781/781980/img_3461428.html
http://media.comics.ign.com/media/781/781980/img_3461429.html
http://media.comics.ign.com/media/781/781980/img_3461437.html

All the villains there are zombies

Also the possible reason why magneto wasn't effected because like all diseases there is a chance that some people would have an immunity and not get it, like how pesticides dont kill all insects, some with survive and pass that genes on to the next generation rendering that particular pesticide useless.

E said:
No need to apologize - welcome to The UC.

The way I understood it, the zombie-ness spread to the superheroes and they ate the regular people.
Yeah. Easiest explaination is that since the average super-hero could take out a good chunk of the population if he or she tried it would only mkae sense that a zombie version would be able to take out a good chunk of the human race long before they'd turn.

Jack of Hearts said:

a lottery

Zombipanda said:
a lottery
Actualy Sean Phillips went on Millarworld and asked th psoters for suggestions on who to maim. If Kirkman didn't have plans for them, they got wrecked.

Well if they followed the zombies stories, You have to be bitten and after that still lives for some time, then you became a zombie. I don't think Magneto was even bitten by someone.

Last edited:
Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Well if they followed the zombies stories, You have to be bitten and after that still lives for some time, then you became a zombie. I don't think Magneto was even bitten by someone.

Yeah, he was eaten.

Latest posts

Back