Spider-Man One More Day: A Confession

So what happened to his extra powers he got in The Other, you know: spikes, sticky back, can feel vibrations in the web, etc.?

So what happened to his extra powers he got in The Other, you know: spikes, sticky back, can feel vibrations in the web, etc.?

That was just plain idiotic.

Organic web shooters all the way though.

I loved Sins Past and had no problem with what it meant for Spidey continuity or history.

There are certain story elements that are defining moments in Spider-Man's development as a character and I guess I feel like they shouldn't be screwed with. Peter and Gwen's relationship and her death is one of those elements. There was something fundamentally, i don't know, pure about Pete's relationship with Gwen that I really liked. I feel like the fact that Norman seduced her taints that a little bit for me. But at the same time, I know that was exactly what JMS was going for, he evoked all of the right emotions to help the reader understand a little bit of what Peter was going through. It was an extremely well written story, but I hate it, which is why i like it.:sure:

RE: Sins Past

I don't mind reviving Gwen and giving her kids and all that. I firmly believe its silly to treat the character as something so sacrosanct as to preclude any attempt to add dimensions her --- she's not the ****ing Virgin Mary or Jesus Christ, okay? --- my only problem was I didn't really find it an enjoyable read, rather than with any "matters of principle" about the characters.

Re: Invincible Iron Man discussion (Spoilers!)

Puh-leeeeze.

I agree with TOG. It may not be the worst thing ever, but it's probably the worst thing I've experienced. The plothole is so big and so stupid it's painful to think about.

I agree with TOG. It may not be the worst thing ever, but it's probably the worst thing I've experienced. The plothole is so big and so stupid it's painful to think about.

I read bad comics, but this destroyed my entire faith in the medium.

I enjoyed it, but I can totally get why someone else would not.

But to say it's the worst thing ever....no way. Maybe you think it ruined a character but the story itself was not poorly written. There are plenty of stories just written by Bendis that are both poorly written and destructive to one or more characters.

I enjoyed it, but I can totally get why someone else would not.

But to say it's the worst thing ever....no way. Maybe you think it ruined a character but the story itself was not poorly written. There are plenty of stories just written by Bendis that are both poorly written and destructive to one or more characters.

Why would having Peter and MJ not get married remove the knowledge of Spider-Man's identity from people like Green Goblin and Daredevil, who knew it before they were going to get married?

Why would having Peter and MJ not get married remove the knowledge of Spider-Man's identity from people like Green Goblin and Daredevil, who knew it before they were going to get married?

MJ made a separate deal that she whispered in the devil ear (seriously just typing that right there made me lose a billion brain cells) to restore Peter's identy which seems like a blanket effect. The thing is they can use this to really build on some big event. Have someone like Dr Strange finally see this huge contradiction in reality, and since Mephisto never had any reality altering powers as far as I know, they could really make some huge event out of this. But alas this is not what they were thinking or what they are going to do. OMD is just ****ing lazy storytelling, its just marvel saying "I'm to dumb to think of a good plot or good character so I'm just going to rehash what happened 20 years ago"

MJ made a separate deal that she whispered in the devil ear (seriously just typing that right there made me lose a billion brain cells) to restore Peter's identy which seems like a blanket effect.

If this is true, then thanks. You're the first person to tell me about this. That makes more sense.

If this is true, then thanks. You're the first person to tell me about this. That makes more sense.

Yeah, the thing isn't that it can't be explained, they just refuse to put forth any effort in trying, when it's really actually easy to do so

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned/talked about before, though I think in the actual discussion thread (which I can't find...).

Please, i have exprience far worst than this. Much like E i liked it but i can see why some wouldn't. But it isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Random mentioned her whispering something to Mephisto (and for what it's worth, I believe it has been established that he is not *the* Devil), but as far as I know it has not yet been revealed what that is.

Part of the deal was that Mephisto said he would remove that memory from everyone. It didn't really have anything to do with removing the marriage, it was just something extra he did to sweeten the deal.

This sounds a lot more like I'm defending it than I am; I'm just trying to explain it since you asked.

Latest posts

Back