Oni Press Gets the Rights to Superman!

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
Oni Press is proud to announce that it has just acquired the domestic publishing rights to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster's creator-owned project, Superman!

For those who don't know, the Superman comics tell the story of a strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men! Superman … who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands, and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way!

Long associated with DC Comics, the heirs of Jerry Seigel have decided to transfer all domestic publishing rights to Oni Press, an independent comic book publisher specializing in creator-owned projects. It may seem odd that this comic series would come to Oni Press, a company not exactly known for superhero content, but rest assured, Oni Press will do everything in its power to uphold and maintain the legacy of this amazing character.

"We've been working on this deal for a longtime," says Joe Nozemack, Oni Press pubisher. "I am happy that we can finally announce this project and express our excitement about Superman. "

"This really is a dream come true," exclaims James Lucas Jones. "We hope to tell great stories that can be read and enjoyed independently of any other form of convoluted continuity. The character and story come first… no Civil Wars… no Crisis… no Secret Invasions… just good stories that any kid can pick up and enjoy."

Expect the first Oni Press published issue to be released exactly one year from today (04/01/2009).

:D :D

I thought that was funny.

... penned by Jamie Rich, with a rotating cast of artists, including Bryan O' Malley, Chynna Clugston Flores, Joelle Jones, Christine Norrie, and Becky Cloonan.

Expect Clark Kent to be reinvented as the ultimate 20-something slacker, working as a copy editor for the liberal free paper, The Weekly Planet; stuck in a dead-end relationship with teenage jailbait Lana Lang; and constantly mooching off room-mate, professional 'coolhunter' Jimmy Olsen. But this devil-may-care front serves as a neat cover for his altruistic super-heroics, which keep him mighty occupied when super-villainry rears its ugly head.

But will all this clandestine do-gooding be enough to win the favor of high-minded 'world-changer' Lois Lane? Or will Lois 'sell out' to yuppie sleazebag Lex Luthor, who's got his own 'green' designs for her?

Find out in Oni Press' Superman, coming 04/01/09!

Last edited:
... penned by Jamie Rich, with a rotating cast of artists, including Bryan O' Malley, Chynna Clugston Flores, Joelle Jones, Christine Norrie, and Becky Cloonan.

Expect Clark Kent to be reinvented as the ultimate 20-something slacker, working as a copy editor for the liberal free paper, The Weekly Planet; stuck in a dead-end relationship with teenage jailbait Lana Lang; and constantly mooching off room-mate, professional 'coolhunter' Jimmy Olsen. But this devil-may-care front serves as a neat cover for his altruistic super-heroics, which keep him mighty occupied when super-villainry rears its ugly head.

But will all this clandestine do-gooding be enough to win the favor of high-minded 'world-changer' Lois Lane? Or will Lois 'sell out' to yuppie sleazebag Lex Luthor, who's got his own 'green' designs for her?

Find out in Oni Press' Superman, coming 04/01/09!

I'd read that.

This sounds cool. I might pick this up.

Latest posts

Back