Opening This Weekend: September 1st -- Post Your Flicks and Discuss

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Opening September 1:

Crank (Wide)
Jason Statham is a hitman who has been poisoned and the only way for him to stay alive is to keep his adrenaline level up.

Crossover (Wide)
Two friends with different goals in life team up to compete in a high-stakes underground street basketball game.

The Wicker Man (Wide)
Nicolas Cage stars as a police officer looking for a missing girl on small island where a strange cult performs a dangerous ritual.

And suprisingly enough.......nothing. I have no desire to see any of these.

Crank looks boring. Crossover should be ashamed that it even exists. And I saw the original Wicker Man.....don't need to see it again.

Like wise, I can't think of any movies worth seeing this week. It's probably best since it'll be the first week of school.

I dont know. I like Jason Statham's movies. I thought the Transporter series was cool. The other 2 movies I wouldnt pay to see.

Crank looks entertianing, Crossover looks gay, Wicker man looks a little interesting, but it not my thing and I'm sick of remakes

I'll see crank on DVD, but it's just not worth 8 bucks to see it in the theaters.

If I get extremely bored---maybe I'll see Crank. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just pop my Transporter DVD into the player right quick.

Bah! Screw the movies! I can get a thirty pack of Keystone for the price of two tickets, Beerpong championship here I come!

I went and saw Crank with my friends yesterday. It was a riot. Statham's perfect for the part and the movie is just 100% momentum with lots of great action and humour.

There's also neat directoral things all over the place(which adds to the whole hallucinating thing as the poison begins to effect him more).

Anyway, I recommend seeing this one with the guys. VVD, I think you'd particularly like it.

Planet-man said:
I went and saw Crank with my friends yesterday. It was a riot. Statham's perfect for the part and the movie is just 100% momentum with lots of great action and humour.

There's also neat directoral things all over the place(which adds to the whole hallucinating thing as the poison begins to effect him more).

Anyway, I recommend seeing this one with the guys. VVD, I think you'd particularly like it.

Just saw it today. All i gotta say is man, that was one trippy-*** movie! Just the diffrent shots, effects, jokes etc. Definately not Transporter like.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back