Other All-Star books?

E

Excelsior Club
Someone please refresh my memory...

I seem to recall an All-Star Wonder Woman and All-Star Green Lantern announced, and creative teams attached to them. Who was named to those books (assuming I'm remembering correctly)? When are they coming out? Have there been any others announced? Rumored?

Adam Hughes was rumoured to be drawing All-Star Wonder Woman, but I don't remember anything else... :?

Ultimate Warrior said:
And it has also been RUMORED that Alex Ross and Geoff Johns will be doing the possible All-Star Green Lantern Hall Jordan book.

Alex Ross?

The drool just shorted out my keyboard.

I know Superman is a great read....but I heard Batman was disappointing. Anyone else read Batman who says differently?

Victor Von Doom said:
I know Superman is a great read....but I heard Batman was disappointing. Anyone else read Batman who says differently?

I'm enjoying it, although there have been a couple of iffy moments and I could see why a purist might not like it.

Adam Hughes has been, since before the All-Star line was even announced, meant to be doing a 6-issue Batman arc with Geoff Johns. That was scuppered for a 6-issue Wonder Woman arc with Jeph Loeb.

However, as I say, this was before the All-Star line was announced.

No work was ever done, and Adam continued with his covers.

However, a couple of months back Adam finished signing a contract with DC and he is doing a full comic book series (I'm not sure how many issues) but he has not stated what the series is.

Since the last thing he said he should be working on is Wonder Woman, people have assumed that All-Star Wonder Woman is what he's working on, which makes senses considering the timing - he did a preview poster for the WW film and the series should be ready for release when the film is getting ready to come out however there is still the question of the Batman story, which Adam did many sketches for, and also the fact that a lot of time has passed since his "I'm doing Wonder Woman" to his current contract and it's very conceivable that it's another project.

Adam doesn't want to say what it is because he doesn't want it hyped or talked about to death. Wise man.

So yes, the popular rumour is Adam Hughes (maybe Jeph Loeb, please no) will be doing All-Star Wonder Woman, but the facts are that Adam Hughes is signed up to do a series which he's working on, but we don't know what it is.

That's the full story.

Personally, I wish he was doing an issue of Solo. I would want that more than anything else ever.

Don't even joke.

First Crusade, then Firefly, then Gotham Central, then Justice League Unlimited, then Teen Titans, and now Solo?

What are they going to cancel next?

The internet?

Bass said:
Adam Hughes has been, since before the All-Star line was even announced, meant to be doing a 6-issue Batman arc with Geoff Johns. That was scuppered for a 6-issue Wonder Woman arc with Jeph Loeb.

However, as I say, this was before the All-Star line was announced.

No work was ever done, and Adam continued with his covers.

However, a couple of months back Adam finished signing a contract with DC and he is doing a full comic book series (I'm not sure how many issues) but he has not stated what the series is.

Since the last thing he said he should be working on is Wonder Woman, people have assumed that All-Star Wonder Woman is what he's working on, which makes senses considering the timing - he did a preview poster for the WW film and the series should be ready for release when the film is getting ready to come out however there is still the question of the Batman story, which Adam did many sketches for, and also the fact that a lot of time has passed since his "I'm doing Wonder Woman" to his current contract and it's very conceivable that it's another project.

Adam doesn't want to say what it is because he doesn't want it hyped or talked about to death. Wise man.

So yes, the popular rumour is Adam Hughes (maybe Jeph Loeb, please no) will be doing All-Star Wonder Woman, but the facts are that Adam Hughes is signed up to do a series which he's working on, but we don't know what it is.

That's the full story.

Personally, I wish he was doing an issue of Solo. I would want that more than anything else ever.
Wasn't Joss Whedon rumored to be writing? Or did people just say that because he's doing the movie. 'Cuz Adam Hughes and Joss Whedon on All-Star Wonder Woman is something I would definitely read.
Bass said:
You.

Bass said:

Don't even joke.

First Crusade, then Firefly, then Gotham Central, then Justice League Unlimited, then Teen Titans, and now Solo?

The internet?

I'm not joking. I'm pretty sure it was announced it was being cancelled, along with JSA and some other DC books. :?

I'd love an All-Star Green Lantern, but Ross on art? I like Ross and all (Justice and Kingdom Come!), but I don't know if I'd want him on GL.

Last edited:
Bass said:
Please no.

I love that title. It's amazing.

Start a thread and tell me about it. I was really interested in the first issue I seen in some ads. I tried to read 8 or 7 and didn't like it.

ProjectX2 said:
I'm not joking. I'm pretty sure it was announced it was being cancelled, along with JSA and some other DC books. :?

o_O

JSA isn't being cancelled...

Maybe its being changed to the Justice Society of America (just like JLA is now JLoA)... But Geoff has been hinting that there is going to be an exciting writer on that series. Paul Levitz is EIC at DC Comics... he's doing this (crappy) arc as a favor to take it off of Geoff Johns' workload.

Solo, i definitely remember, has been cancelled.

Hard Time is the cancelled book out there that had the MOST potential... It's too damn bad, it really is... Although now Steve Gerber will be doing a Team book for DC...

OOh... Maybe he's doing JSA... Prolly not though.

Dr.Strangefate said:
o_O

JSA isn't being cancelled...

Maybe its being changed to the Justice Society of America (just like JLA is now JLoA)... But Geoff has been hinting that there is going to be an exciting writer on that series. Paul Levitz is EIC at DC Comics... he's doing this (crappy) arc as a favor to take it off of Geoff Johns' workload.

Solo, i definitely remember, has been cancelled.

Hard Time is the cancelled book out there that had the MOST potential... It's too damn bad, it really is... Although now Steve Gerber will be doing a Team book for DC...

OOh... Maybe he's doing JSA... Prolly not though.
Uh, yeah. JSA's last issue was just solicited. I expect a relaunch with the longform name sometime soon, but for now its cancled at the end of Levitz's arc.

thee great one said:

Start a thread and tell me about it. I was really interested in the first issue I seen in some ads. I tried to read 8 or 7 and didn't like it.

I already made a thread here. :D

I love this title. It's an anthology so you might like some things in one issue and not so much in another. So far, I've liked them all. It's been top quality throughout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr.Strangefate said:
well then...

Hm...

Then I guess I'll finish buying this arc, just to be a completest.
I'm very unhappy about it. the first JSA trade is the first TPB I ever picked up. I've got single issues from the Ultra-Humanite arc on, and sporadicly before that. I'll be picking up whatever they do with the cahracters after this, especialy if Johns is involved.

Latest posts

Back