Ourchair's Digital Mixtapes

ourchair

So, in the thread 'Music, Part 3: Our Noise' I asked the following:
I'm considering digital posting mixtapes here. Anyone interested?

I'm currently listening to a lot of Japanese rock - and I don't mean the stuff that only gets exported to the U.S. because of having their songs licensed to popular anime - but real awesome stuff like Polysics and Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her.

I would love to drone on and on about it but I feel like no one's really going to care unless I assemble a sampler of some kind. As such, I thought it'd be a great idea for us to share music by assembling such things on a 'whenever you feel like it' basis.
Cad and E expressed interest.

So today, I've decided I'll be committed to doing this. Are there any particular genres anyone would like to explore?

I'm serious. This doesn't mean I'll follow all the suggestions to the letter, but I'd like to get a better feel for what people want to discover. And if it matters, everyone can look at my last.fm page to see the relatively diverse palette I will be drawing upon to see what may or may not be my weaknesses.

As most people probably know by now, I'm a relative expert on Japanese indie rock, so that might be the easiest tape for me to do first, and I guarantee it won't be your typical novelty Jap-rock.

I would like to hear something fast. I guess something punk would be the best way to say it.
Hmmm, punk is difficult... but ONLY to the extent that punk has mutated itself into a hundred different subgenres.

(The endless debates of what is truly PUNK notwithstanding, and whether or not punk is punk if it doesn't have punk politics or whatever)

I think I can assemble this relatively quickly, but I'll probably play it fast and loose by throwing in whatever is just fast and screamy but hopefully good. Will insert one or two Japanese acts in, simply because I can.

Oh does anybody mind if I put this file together at <128kbps just to save on space?

Punk is dead. Long live punk!

I wouldn't mind punk-ish stuff, or alt-rock type or something. I just hate hate hate hate hate with a passion anything that sounds like Blink 182 or that Fallout Boy ****. So please - none of that.

I will try just about anything so give us a good mix.

Punk is dead. Long live punk!

I wouldn't mind punk-ish stuff, or alt-rock type or something. I just hate hate hate hate hate with a passion anything that sounds like Blink 182 or that Fallout Boy ****. So please - none of that.
Fall Out Boy? What do you think I am, retarded?

Also, what's a Blink 182?

Hmmm, punk is difficult... but ONLY to the extent that punk has mutated itself into a hundred different subgenres.

(The endless debates of what is truly PUNK notwithstanding, and whether or not punk is punk if it doesn't have punk politics or whatever)

I think I can assemble this relatively quickly, but I'll probably play it fast and loose by throwing in whatever is just fast and screamy but hopefully good. Will insert one or two Japanese acts in, simply because I can.

Oh does anybody mind if I put this file together at <128kbps just to save on space?

That sounds good.

Ourchair pretends to like Fallout Boy in order to attract the pubescent boys.

Latest posts

Back