Paniccia Oversees an "Ultimate" Rebirth

Sandoval's art is very "Ultimate Enemy": circular clouds, cyber-transparent-armor... I can beart it, but I just hope they will not be errors as in Ult. Enemy/Mystery/Doom.

Hitch drawing again in the Ultimate universe is epic.

this meant the Ultimate Universe was a place where the impossible could happen

Like going from the quality of Ultimates 2 to the quality of Ultimates 3.

Is there anything in particular that anyone could do to make the Ultimate Universe interesting again?

Is there anything in particular that anyone could do to make the Ultimate Universe interesting again?

I couldn't think of particular things that would need to be written or events that would need to take place. It just seems to me that the writers that have been working on it lately, for the most part, either haven't cared about it enough to follow directions that have been laid out, or are just crappy writers. So...get better writers who care more about it, I guess.

I couldn't think of particular things that would need to be written or events that would need to take place. It just seems to me that the writers that have been working on it lately, for the most part, either haven't cared about it enough to follow directions that have been laid out, or are just crappy writers. So...get better writers who care more about it, I guess.

Well that's given. I think the Ultimate Universe has done that to a degree, by having writers more focused on characterization like Hickman, write for some Ultimate titles. But I guess you feel there is nothing in particular that could be done to get rid of some of the negative baggage from Kirkman's run on UXM and Loeb's run on the Ultimates, huh?

But I guess you feel there is nothing in particular that could be done to get rid of some of the negative baggage from Kirkman's run on UXM and Loeb's run on the Ultimates, huh?

No...my brain doesn't work that way when I read comics. I can try to think of things but I'm not a writer and they aren't very good...anything I think of tends to be very deus ex machina-y and a lot of people don't like stuff like that. I don't usually think of things that should have been done or events that should have happened, or how the comic should have been better. I'm just not wired that way. I let them tell me a story - if I like it, I like it. So to answer a question like "what can they do to fix it" - that's hard for me to answer because I don't think about comics in that way. At least not on that huge of a scale.

And maybe that's the thing - maybe the screw-ups and lack of care/attention have been going on for too long to fix it. You can't ignore things like Ultimate Power or Ultimatum because of how huge they are by design. It's irresponsible, even though the stories were terrible.

No...my brain doesn't work that way when I read comics. I can try to think of things but I'm not a writer and they aren't very good...anything I think of tends to be very deus ex machina-y and a lot of people don't like stuff like that. I don't usually think of things that should have been done or events that should have happened, or how the comic should have been better. I'm just not wired that way. I let them tell me a story - if I like it, I like it. So to answer a question like "what can they do to fix it" - that's hard for me to answer because I don't think about comics in that way. At least not on that huge of a scale.

And maybe that's the thing - maybe the screw-ups and lack of care/attention have been going on for too long to fix it. You can't ignore things like Ultimate Power or Ultimatum because of how huge they are by design. It's irresponsible, even though the stories were terrible.

Fair enough, though I wouldn't mind a deus ex machina getting rid of all the bad stories from the past couple of years in the Ultimate Universe. If they did a story similar to Dallas where Peter Parker just woke up one morning and stuff like Ultimatum was just a bad dream, I would be happy.

Fair enough, though I wouldn't mind a deus ex machina getting rid of all the bad stories from the past couple of years in the Ultimate Universe. If they did a story similar to Dallas where Peter Parker just woke up one morning and stuff like Ultimatum was just a bad dream, I would be happy.

I would hate that! :-D

My first thought would have been to use the decent (not great) idea of Scarlet Witch going crazy like in House of M and reset the universe that way. That concept was wasted on House of M - it could have been used in a more significant manner.

I would hate that! :-D

My first thought would have been to use the decent (not great) idea of Scarlet Witch going crazy like in House of M and reset the universe that way. That concept was wasted on House of M - it could have been used in a more significant manner.

Or they could just have the Magician come back and wave his hand reset every thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back