Pathfinder

DGspider-fan

taken from ign.com:

In an untamed, primordial America, 500 years before Columbus will reach its shores, unfolds an epic battle between love and hate that will change one man's destiny and the future of a nation: Pathfinder. This action-adventure saga recreates one of the most riveting, yet never-before-seen, eras in human history – when Viking "dragon" ships from the mysterious Norse lands arrived out of nowhere to invade a pristine North America. Inspired by historical findings, yet forged with the magic and style of a modern graphic novel, Pathfinder comes to life in a cinematic experience filled with intense and primal action. The legend-like story of survival begins with a Viking child who becomes the lone survivor of a shipwreck, after his marauding Norse clan raids a coastal Native American village for slaves. Despite his blonde hair and strange language – and concerns that evil will follow the boy wherever he goes – the ten year-old is adopted by the local Wampanoag Indians, who raise him to become a skilled hunter and warrior. But fifteen years later, the pale young man known to his tribe as Ghost is still trying to escape his past. Now, as the Vikings return to storm America again, this time they will carry out a barbaric attack that will annihilate Ghost's beloved tribe and endanger the woman he loves. Once again a survivor on the run, and thirsting for blood vengeance, Ghost comes under the guidance of the Pathfinder, a powerful shaman who foresees the enraged young man's unexpected destiny: as the hard-won hero who will wage a one-man war against the Vikings and becomes his people's savior.

There are a few videos on ign.com as well.

It's got Vikings in it so my hope is that this will rock.

You're thoughts?

And here I thought this movie was out in North America already. There have been posters promoting it here in the Philippines for MONTHS now. That's abnormally long promotional lead time for this Third World country.

I didn't even need to hear the synopsis. The poster alone was enough to make me really want to see it. The synopsis just seals the deal. Looking forward to it a lot.
Yeah, I actually liked the poster too.

And the name "Pathfinder" is much cooler than any other possible title they could've used like "Asskicker" or "Mightwarrior"

You're thoughts?

It kinda sucked.

I wanted it to be good and I wanted to like it.......but I can't. It should've been released a while ago....but instead it tried to cash in on the "indie graphic novel" coattails of 300.

It didn't work.

Better luck next time Dark Horse.

Latest posts

Back