People On The Ultimate Board

-beardoms-

Right
People are starting to complain about the crappyness of the Ultimate Universe.

Whoever wants to do it can, and any one is welcome to join, but lets see your views on a miniseries. This is the plan, whoever wants to take part can write a miniseries that takes place in the ultimate continuity, also the miniseries has to be set after Ultimatum and can not get rid of any other events of the series, but can retcon them, but you are NOT aloud to pretend they never happened.
So who is in.
Your mini-series can be about what ever it wants.

Also if you dont want to write a mini series, come up with some ideas for a new ultimate miniseries.

Did you mean write fan-fic or just come up with ideas for comics. If ideas I have this :

Ultimate Aunt May the mini series :

Plot : Kind of joke but kind of not. As it would be set during the regular spider-man universe but not feature crime fighting. Instead it focuses on the deep emotional strain of her husband's death. She would also be seen as very worried and suspicious of peter up untill her reveals he's spider-man to her. Then it deals with her trying to accept who he is and get over other stresses like Gwen's death , Peters father situation and more until the issue where she tells Peter ben would be proud of her.

Time : Set during the comics we've already read.

Tone : Serious drama story

Purpose : Fill in the gaps, Expand on the character of May a bit, Show how the people closet to superheroes see them and how it effects them just as much as it does the hero.

Issues/Volumes : 4 graphic novels with 1 been focused on her life with ben before his death and ending in his death , 2 been about her getting over that and growing suspicious of peter's changes (thinking he might be on drugs or in a gang or something) 3 = Gwens death and Peter telling her and her reacting badly, 4 = her learning to accept his choice and tell him that.

Artist = Stuart Immonen - to make sure it's not too out of place in looks with what we've seen

Writer = Paul Jenkins - I think what he did with Civil War: Front Line is similar to what I would want to see here plus the writing needs to be different to Ultimate Spider-man as it needs to be a whole new way of looking at it.

Ultimate Politics (this is not what I would actually call it, but I can't think of a good name). Solid world-building exploring how the UU differs from our reality and 616. There would be several two- or three-issue arcs featuring characters from different eras in history.

Begin with the discovery of mutants in the early twentieth/late nineteenth century or whatever. The characters are the parents of one of the first mutants ever. Freak shows. Suspicion. Lynchings. Infanticide. Fiction.

Next arc answers questions like when did mutants start being more of an ethnic group and less of abberations? When did people start opposing or supporting mutant rights? What happened during the sequencing of the human genome? This would be explored through a politician observing and trying to exploit the mutant rights issue or one or both of the leaders of the rising groups.

How did SHIELD get started? What did other governments think of mutants? What's the most mutant-friendly country? What's the least? What's up with the CIA cloning Spider-Man and not telling anyone? How widespread is knowledge like Peter's or Cap's identity? This would be told through the rise of one of Nick Fury's closest underlings.

Then we get to current events. How powerful is the average mutant? Do they just look different or do most of them have powers? What do they think of genetically altered humans like the Ultimates or Spider-Man? What do ordinary people think of Thor or the X-men? This would be told through characters as far away from the action as possible--a group of friends in Europe or Asia, one or two of whom are mutants.

Ultimate Politics (this is not what I would actually call it, but I can't think of a good name). Solid world-building exploring how the UU differs from our reality and 616. There would be several two- or three-issue arcs featuring characters from different eras in history.

Begin with the discovery of mutants in the early twentieth/late nineteenth century or whatever. The characters are the parents of one of the first mutants ever. Freak shows. Suspicion. Lynchings. Infanticide. Fiction.

Next arc answers questions like when did mutants start being more of an ethnic group and less of abberations? When did people start opposing or supporting mutant rights? What happened during the sequencing of the human genome? This would be explored through a politician observing and trying to exploit the mutant rights issue or one or both of the leaders of the rising groups.

How did SHIELD get started? What did other governments think of mutants? What's the most mutant-friendly country? What's the least? What's up with the CIA cloning Spider-Man and not telling anyone? How widespread is knowledge like Peter's or Cap's identity? This would be told through the rise of one of Nick Fury's closest underlings.

Then we get to current events. How powerful is the average mutant? Do they just look different or do most of them have powers? What do they think of genetically altered humans like the Ultimates or Spider-Man? What do ordinary people think of Thor or the X-men? This would be told through characters as far away from the action as possible--a group of friends in Europe or Asia, one or two of whom are mutants.
This is a great idea.

It goes into a new point of view of how we can look at characters while at the same time giving readers a new perspective we really haven't seen in the UU (or maybe in Marvel in general?).

We get to go into the mind of characters, like really go into their thoughts, to see how those questions are answered. It's all very intriguing.

Yea lets just come up with some intersting ideas for a mini and who nows, someone might pay attention to what the readers want.

My ideas are

Ultimate Origins II: Basically it would add new history to characters and would retcon alot of the mistakes made by Bendis, so it would have a bit where we see that Peters parents didn't die, they were seriously wounded, we could find out that Fisk seen in WWII and Cornelius in WWII are actually ancestors of the modern day characters. It may also retcon alot of mistakes that have been made, basically it is a massive retcon series, which the ultimate universe needs.

Ultimate Spider-Woman: This would be a 5 issue story focusing on Ultimate Spider-Woman leading up to her reapperance in Ultimate Spider-Man and ultimatum. The bad guy in the series would probably be HYDRA or AIM.

Ultimate Daredevil: This would be a sequel to ultimate Elektra, making it a trilogy and closing of the story, it focuses on daredevil becoming a more bad *** dardevil and Elektra becoming evil because of the death of her father.

I like the idea of Ultimate Politics by the way, but i think the title should be called Ultimate History.

Ultimate Origins II: Basically it would add new history to characters and would retcon alot of the mistakes made by Bendis, so it would have a bit where we see that Peters parents didn't die, they were seriously wounded, we could find out that Fisk seen in WWII and Cornelius in WWII are actually ancestors of the modern day characters. It may also retcon alot of mistakes that have been made, basically it is a massive retcon series, which the ultimate universe needs.

The Fisk seen in WW2 was the Kingpins grandfather and not the actual Fisk we all know in Ultimate Spider-Man, Bendis confirmed this in an interview a few months back.

http://i38.tinypic.com/33oh7qf.jpg

Theys a link the interview page and its confirmed in the top right, which makes me believe that the Peter Parker parents error is not an error and something that will be later expended on... well more like I'm hoping haha

The Fisk seen in WW2 was the Kingpins grandfather and not the actual Fisk we all know in Ultimate Spider-Man, Bendis confirmed this in an interview a few months back.

Theys a link the interview page and its confirmed in the top right, which makes me believe that the Peter Parker parents error is not an error and something that will be later expended on... well more like I'm hoping haha
As I live and breath! It's Kal Jenko's annual visit to UC! :p

Well it seems to obvious to be a simple mistake, seeing as he was writing the war of the symbiotes arc and origins at the same time and both have refrences to Peter's parents dying by differing causes.
Im just re-reading the clone saga and i think the clone saga may come into reasoning behind this.

Your father died in a plane crash. Wow, you really deluded yourself if you thought that man was your father.
This is a quote from doc ock in the Clone saga arc. Well it appears that he is talking about Peter's clone father. But what if it has a double meaning, what if the man who died in the plane crash, wasn't his father. Or am i just trying to find an answer.

Last edited:

hey, I hadn't seen that before. Thanks! I'm glad to hear that.

I'm still kind of ticked off about Peter's parents and the Hulk. I really hope Bendis explains that well!

EDIT: yay, I'm a vigilante!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back