Pet-Peeve Thread 4: More peeve than you can handle.

What is it with ads hyping movies as "the year's FIRST blockbuster!".... why would they think anybody cares that it was released earlier than other movies? Worse is when multiple movies claim this pointless title. **** 'em.

Last edited:
I got one:

I have to drive 30 minutes so I can go to my chemistry class, when I get to campus I have to park. The problem is that there is nowhere to park in the parking lot, so I've been parking in spaces that weren't parking spots (a number of other people have been forced to do this too), in fact I would have to come to campus 2 hours early minimum to find an open spot (I'm already coming 1 hour early and not finding anything). Anyway the places I end parking in the parking lot don't inconvenience anyone or anything, but today I got a $40 ticket for parking there. I see the cop giving out tickets to other cars and I go up and ask him why he gave me a ticket, he says I wasn't in a parking spot and I say that all of the regular spots were full, and that I had no choice. He says that I should have parked at one of the other lots or at a parking meter, I explain that all of the other lots and parking meters were full and that I only have clearance to park in this lot. I explain that I paid $75 dollars so that I could have a parking space, and that I can't drive around for an hour hoping that I can find a space before everyone else does. He says too bad and that I should get my money back.

**** YOU YOU ****ING DONUT MUNCHING FAT PIECE OF ****! HOW ABOUT YOU NOT PARTICIPATE IN A ****ING SCAM AND NOT WRITE ****ING $40 TICKETS TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THEIR PARKING AND DON'T WANT TO SHELL OUT $30 TO PARK IN THE ****ING GARAGE! IF PARKING AT THE METER WAS CHEAPER THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT A PARKING PASS YOU STUPID ****!

The same thing just happened to me but it was a warning not a ticket

if it happens again they'll impound my car apparently

it's bull****, they shouldn't issue more passes than spots, and visitor and student parking should be in seperate lots

I'm really tired of vampire stories. Specifically the kind where they're depicted as good guys. They're getting really, really old.

Gaiman here says my thought on the matter pretty well:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20301186,00.html

(Hellsing was good though. So was Karin when I stopped thinking of it as a vampire story.)

(Incidentally and possibly hypocritically, I'd like to see a story where a Van Helsing sort-of dude goes around killing vampires while refusing to believe they exist and that he fights them on a regular basis. Like say, he'd be in deadly combat with a skanky vampiress and he'd say "Gee, I should see a doctor about these strange, fistfight-like seizures. And that erectile dsyfunction." It'd be hilarious.)

People who don't get their **** right and then think they're impressing anybody within his vocal radius.

And correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt I am. So there I am at Target buying some underwear, and I hear this girl. She screams out, "Hey they got your Halo game underwear here." And some douchy bald guy(not doom) walks up(he's white so houde?) and is like, "no way I want the new odst stuff." wtf? like he's cool or some ****.

Then his gf didn't really seem to give two ****s so she blows it off, "Oh well I'm just saying because you're always playing THAT game. then he ignores her comment by stating his giddyness for the Halo novels (presumably the one by bendis) and how the idea for the game came from the novels. Which I'm pretty sure that was not the case.

So he says the novels were written by "brian... some guy"(had to be bendis) and how it was because of the novels that Halo has such a RICH story. "That's why it's so good!" he says. You know if this guy is sooo into this damn game, he would know right? That it takes place between two of the games and not before all of it?

Maybe I'm overreacting but.....I really wanted to elbow drop his nutsack.

Because the trend in vampire stories at the moment is worse than anything in current superhero stories.

I'm not saying they are good Vampire stories, they are all the same

Girl falls in love with vampire blah blah blah.

But really vampire have been everywhere for a long time. Twilight just brought it to the surface.

Last edited:
I'm really tired of vampire stories. Specifically the kind where they're depicted as good guys. They're getting really, really old.

Gaiman here says my thought on the matter pretty well:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20301186,00.html

(Hellsing was good though. So was Karin when I stopped thinking of it as a vampire story.)

(Incidentally and possibly hypocritically, I'd like to see a story where a Van Helsing sort-of dude goes around killing vampires while refusing to believe they exist and that he fights them on a regular basis. Like say, he'd be in deadly combat with a skanky vampiress and he'd say "Gee, I should see a doctor about these strange, fistfight-like seizures. And that erectile dsyfunction." It'd be hilarious.)
Yeah, I just want vampires to be scary again.

(Strangely enough, as much was we've been saturated with sympathetic vampires these days, I've actually had several nightmares about vampires lately, despite not having any before as far as I can remember and not even seeing any vampire movies recently.)

I'm not saying they are good Vampire stories, there are all the same

But really vampire have been everywhere for a long time. Twilight just brought it to the surface.

It's going to take me weeks to understand what you just said.

Maybe I'm overreacting but.....I really wanted to elbow drop his nutsack.

More people in the world, need this done to them.

I'm not saying they are good Vampire stories, there are all the same

Anne Rice novels are crappy in my opinion, and they were the same type, Vampire Romance.

I do reccomend Hellsing.

A group of vampires are the protagonists of the manga, but it's abundantly clear that they're horrible, horrible people who just happen to be the viewpoint characters. Except Seras, but she's cool like that.

And it's also scary as crap.

Incidentally, I want to give Robert Pattinsion a hug. You just know he'll be hounded the rest of his life for this.

I know moles beaten this into the ground but it's appropriate

090803b.jpg

u dont have a straight face ever because u r gay lol

I do reccomend Hellsing.

A group of vampires are the protagonists of the manga, but it's abundantly clear that they're horrible, horrible people who just happen to be the viewpoint characters. Except Seras, but she's cool like that.

And it's also scary as crap.

Incidentally, I want to give Robert Pattinsion a hug. You just know he'll be hounded the rest of his life for this.

HELLSING!

I have only watched the old series and the new Anime movies. I need more.

Aucaid is the coolest vampire ever.

Latest posts

Back