ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
1170510013_g_zGUksRbh.jpg

Music is Magic.

Phonogram is hard to explain. It's like an indie Hellblazer meets Britpop written by Grant Morrison. It's about music. It's got appearances by Jarvis Cocker, Damon Albarn, the Gallagher Bros... hundreds of references to the Manic Street Preachers and other bands.

It's neat.

The first series consists of 6 issues and was collected in a trade paperback called "Phonogram: Rue Britannica". I don't think it collects all the backmatter stuff though which is a shame because a lot of that stuff is really good.

All the covers are based on popular Britpop band covers. Obviously that one above is Definitely Maybe by Oasis but there's also ones for The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers, Modern Life is Rubbish by Blur etc.

I know Baxter picked up the TPB but I don't think he ever posted his thoughts. I think Zombipanda, Moonmaster, compound, Entropy and maybe E would be interested in it.

It's hard to explain... it's Phonogram.

I shall look for a...ahem... "preview" to determine if it is worthy of my time. Sounds interesting.

Here's a preview trailer thingymabob:

PGKohl.jpg

And here's another for the new series, The Singles Club:

pg2bside.jpg

I just read the first issue and it's really fun. And someone summed it up perfectly at the end of the issue... this is the perfect comic for people who like music more than comics.

But if you like both... wow!

Latest posts

Back