Pirates 4

I have nothing against Johnny Depp doing more Pirates films (even if the sequels weren't really all that great) but I think scarier still is how tied up he is with Disney now.

Not because "OMGDisneyisevilJohnnyDeppsoldout" or anything like that but because of how many projects he has going with them. He's set to play the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and he's set to play Tonto in The Lone Ranger.

Check it, he's got starring roles in THREE Disney projects/franchises. That's crazy.

As long as Depp is back, there can be a Pirates 4. I thought the two sequels to the first one were pretty cool, entertaining anyway.

If they just get him and Geoffery Rush back, it'll be better then Pirates 2 and 3. Bloom and Knightley really pulled down those movies.

If the movies continue to be standalone rather than parts of a trilogy, then I'll all for more movies. The ideas are neat and I think Pirates is a great franchise.

I thought the movies would've been a lot better if they didn't try and turn them into a "trilogy." I hate it when they make the second and third parts of a movie "connect" and then call them a trilogy. Stop making trilogies! A series like Pirates should have limitless sequels.

Stupid Turner clan. They did bring it down.

Yeah, I think it would be better to have Rush and Depp as the only returning main cast.

I agree. I think PotC should just be a bunch of stand-alone movies, much like James Bond, and the first season of Babylon 5.

If they just get him and Geoffery Rush back, it'll be better then Pirates 2 and 3. Bloom and Knightley really pulled down those movies.

But Knightley is hot and has a sexy british accent.

I thought the movies would've been a lot better if they didn't try and turn them into a "trilogy." I hate it when they make the second and third parts of a movie "connect" and then call them a trilogy. Stop making trilogies! A series like Pirates should have limitless sequels.

Stupid Turner clan. They did bring it down.

yep the first movie was AMAZING! i didn't even hear about it until it came out on DVD, but it was so good. The the second one was so hyped up and the movie started out funny, then became ridiculous, then it just ended, with no kind of plot resolution i almost expected the word LOST to appear. Then they tried to make the third movie "epic"...

I love the Lord of the Rings, but i'm kinda annoyed that since they came out every movie has tried and failed to be "epic"

Just some thoughts...

I thought that Orlando Bloom was/is one of the worst actors in history. Knightley didn't bother me.

But as far as those two go, it's over. Their story is told. They are now part of PotC myth and like Project said trying to "connect" things is ****in' annoying.

Also running off of Project's comments... I don't think trilogies are a bad idea. I think that if you're going to do a franchise, in a lot of cases, a series of trilogies is a great idea. Epic stories call for a lot of development and that can't be done in one movie. Jack Sparrow goes on epic adventures. So I think stories that take one or two films to complete is a fine idea.

I didn't like the second one as much but PotC was probably one of the best executed series I've ever seen. It had everything.

So push forward with The Fountain of Youth story. Throw in some new characters. Leave Barbosa, Sparrow, and the crew because it's not just Captain Jack Sparrow's story it's the story of The Black Pearl.

I dunno about you guys but when I was watching Atonement, Keira Knightley was the furthest thing from my mind, even during the wet dress scene.

In fact, I couldn't decide who was hotter, James McAvoy or Saoirse Ronan.

The third one kind of tanked because that summer it was released Spider-Man 3 came out and those two movies were vying for the movie with the most epic action scenes. We all know that the competition between Pirates and Spidey killed the both of those movies.

Now, the fourth movie, without having to compete with any specific movie can be a lot better. Whether it's setting up another trilogy or if it's a standalone, I have faith that this movie will be good because it's just going to be what it is. A sweet Pirate movie.

Rumor has it that Russel Brand of Forgetting Sarah Marshall fame will be playing Sparrow's brother in the new film.

There was an article on Digg about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back