Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Armada of the Damned is an Action-RPG that takes players on a journey into the Pirates of the Caribbean world, set in a time before the films. For the first time ever, RPG fans will be given the opportunity to take on the role of a pirate, making decisions that affect the evolution of the world and the story's progression. Players will sail and swordfight their way through a massive open-world filled with dangerous enemies, questionable allies, epic sea battles and the exotic lure of the supernatural.

Sounds interesting and after finally seeing 2+3 the other day I'm exited to see how this turns out. Sounds very promising to me.

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean : Armada of the Damned

I'm really blown away by the screen shots, wow... I hope they do take their time with this one and make it truly massive and truly make it a game worth playing. From what I can tell, you get to customize your character, too. That second screen shot of that oddly proportioned guy indicates that you can probably change the appearance... I wouldn't want to be stuck playing a dude looking like that... ahahaha. That and it's an RPG so... Yea, there'll hopefully be different classes and all that. Is this for systems or the PC?

Also, I like that they made the game look similar to the art scheme of the attraction, too.

Last edited:

1) It's predetermined appearance. However your actions shape him. So think like KOTOR where you had a character but if you were evil you looked different. Picture you are most likely the guy on the right as he looks like your typical handsome character.

2) It's for PC , PS3 and 360

The only thing that makes me sceptical is it's done by Propaganda Games they've only done one game Turok (2008 one) they haven't really proved themselves capable of doing a great rpg. But it shows enough promise to be cool.

I hope it is more along the lines of Fable 2 than KOTOR... Probably won't be, though.

I hope it is more along the lines of Fable 2 than KOTOR... Probably won't be, though.

Not me. I loved Fable 1, 2 was Meh IMO but KOTOR 1 was much better than Fable 1 IMO. KOTOR > Fable 1 > Fable 2 > KOTOR 2

Last week, I found myself in the bustling city of Vancouver for the first time. Although there are plenty of sights to see, I was on a very specific mission: to visit Propaganda Games and have a look at the upcoming action RPG titled Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned. Yes, Armada of the Damned is based on the famous Disney franchise, which means one thing: another sub-par movie game, right?

Wrong. Armada of the Damned is one of the most promising licensed games I've seen in a while, and I think gamers should be very excited about it.

The reason Armada of the Damned has so much potential is thanks to the efforts of the fine folks at Propaganda Games -- a few of whom I met personally on my tour of the studio. These guys and gals want to be known as the action RPG studio working with Disney and they've made sure to leave themselves plenty of breathing room for ensuring this project is the best game it could possibly be. Their current plan is to finish the game as a whole in a few months time, which gives them more than half a year to polish, tweak and balance their creation for its early 2011 launch.

read this first look here http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088439p1.html

it sounds great

E3 2010: Pirates of the Caribbean -- Armada of the Damned Update

We got our first look at Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned a couple weeks ago, and while we came away impressed it was only an eyes-on demo. Today we actually got to play the game and can report that this is still a promising action RPG. Even though Armada of the Damned uses the Pirates of the Caribbean license, it isn't based on any of the recent movies starring Johnny Depp. This is its own game, an adventure that lets players create their own pirate and wander the seas of the Caribbean seeking fame and fortune.

One of the key features of Armada of the Damned is the ability to decide what type of pirate you want to be: Legendary or Dreaded. Choose the Legendary path and your character will be celebrated. He'll be a charming, dashing pirate with a quick wit. If you decide to be dreaded, though, you will be more feared than celebrated. You will appear as a sinister, conniving pirate whose form is hunched over and less agile.

read here : http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1090847p1.html

Also new screenshots

See more here : http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/143/14352181/imgs_1.html

I loved all three movies and the characters and everything but I'm really wondering how well it can be translated into a game.

Yeah. I can't believe they cancelled this. Hopefully they bring it out later.

Yeah. I can't believe they cancelled this. Hopefully they bring it out later.

I would hope so. It seemed to be pretty far along into development based on the screens and videos, and since it was aimed for a (most likely) May 2011 release to coincide with the new PotC movie coming out, thats only 6 months away (7 months if its the end of May).

That leaves maybe only a few months of polishing of textures and glitches before you have a completed game. Hopefully a Disney game subsidiary will pick it up and finish it off, or Disney Interactive just moves it to another developer to recoup losses from its actual production to this point.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back