Planetary / Ultimate FF comparisons?

ourchair said:
Making them analogues (or archetypal combinations thereof) of existing characters is pretty much the point.

Except Ellis and Cassaday aren't doing it because they can't come up with anything new, but rather they're doing it because the 'secret history' of Planetary is meant to parallel the history of genre fiction itself, and thereby illustrate the sociological conditions that created the pop culture we've enjoyed, and brought them to the surface.

Yeah, I read about that after I'd read (most of) the series, and in hindsight it makes a lot more sense. Still, analogues are a pet hate of mine, so I suppose I shouldn't be reading this series in the first place, but I'm willing to put my preferences aside to enjoy the grander story.

On another note, and closer to the thread intention... wouldn't it be cool if the UFF were kind of like Planetary, except more investigators of the bizarre as opposed to archaeologists?

Both titles rank in my top 6, with Planetary being numero uno! The Ultimates a close 2nd, Ultimate FF closing out at number 6.

...still waiting for the Planetary version of Johnny to show his/her face.

HarperDJ said:
Both titles rank in my top 6, with Planetary being numero uno! The Ultimates a close 2nd, Ultimate FF closing out at number 6.

Didn't he show up in #6? I can't remember, it's been a while since I've read it.

HarperDJ said:

Not only did he appear a few times, but he is in Planetary custody.

Latest posts

Back