Popculture Previews Ultimate Extinction #3

Peterson is great - you guys are crazy.

that art was totally sweet. i love ultimate-falcon so much. double sub machine guns... awesome.

Matthew said:
I raised my eyebrow at this, too. Captain is not supposed to cuss! He's supposed to be a highly marketable icon/role model for all. Everything is falling apart. :cry:

He also says "Damn" in the last Ultimates issue (number 10). So much for the old fashioned, conservative Cap of old. We got a new sailor/truck driver hybrid of a Captain America on our hands now.

I'd rationalize it as Cap slowly adapting and getting used to the modern era.

Shinigami Grahf said:
Welcome to UC!

Yeah, that sounds about right. I have a bit of a problem with the hell yes, but the damn...c'mon, is damn really that different than the language of a 1950s soldier?

Shinigami Grahf said:

Welcome!!

Ya, but hearing it come from Cap. It just seems like someone parent trying to sound cool while talking to your friends.

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

the watcher said:
Welcome!!

Ya, but hearing it come from Cap. It just seems like someone parent trying to sound cool while talking to your friends.

Heh, y'know, I wouldn't put it past Cap actually saying something like that with "trying to be hip and cool" in mind.

I hated the eye gouging comment, but other than that I liked seeing sam and cap kicking ***. I'm kind of worried that the energy coming out of SS's mouth is going to be something like a "metamorphasis." Overall I think this going to be a good issue. I'm going to be pissed if it turns out to be nothing but a series of failed attempts stop Gah Lak Tus.

comic_geek21 said:
I'm personally very excited about how this is going. Cap and Falcon vs Silver Surfer? Hells yeah!

I just hope they can do Gah Lak Tus justice in 5 issues.

I definetly agree with you there comic_geek21, they really need to be able to do something with Gah Lak Tus that can explain him in the next 2 books. There isn't much story space left in the arc, so I don't know how they would pull it off.:?

Goodwill said:
With the exception of the ONE PANEL where Cap's eyes are a little too large, I'd say the art is getting better and better by each issue. I can't wait to see more of the Captain America/Falcon versus Silver Surfer fight going on... So much for Iron Man and Captain Marvel then, huh?

I'm thinking Silver Surfer smokes them, and Iron Man and Captain Marvel show up to save them

Latest posts

Back