PopCultureShock gives 8-page preview of Ultimates 2 #1

E

Excelsior Club
[IMGL]http://ultimatecentral.com/images/news-ults201cov.jpg[/IMGL] PopCultureShock is offering a 8-page (including cover) preview of Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch's long awaited Ultimates 2 #1, due 12/1/04. The preview featuers the actual pages from the book - not just preview art like has been circulating the past few months - and showcases the new cover style and logo Millar talked about.

Here's Marvel's original solicitation for the issue:

ULTIMATES 2 #1
Written by Mark Millar
Pencils & Cover by Bryan Hitch

PART 1 (OF 5) The ULTIMATES return in this BLOCKBUSTER first issue! It's been one year since they stopped an alien invasion, and now things get hard. New members, new costumes and 12 months of gossip to catch up on! Who's getting married? Who's divorced? Who's gone nuts since we last saw them? Why, just in this first arc we see Ultimate Hulk, the secret origin of Ultimate Thor, and we get a look at the entire Ultimate Universe as drawn by Bryan Hitch! It's guest-stars galore, with everyone from the X-Men, Daredevil, Captain Britain and even The Defenders. Why are you reading this? Go reserve a copy NOW! 32 PGS./MARVEL PSR+ …$2.99

UPC: 5960605504-00111
RELEASE DATE: 12/1/04

See the preview at http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3571

I agree that it looks great and I'm excited to finally get my grubby paws on it. The new cover format looks very cool - I wonder if the rest of the Ultimates books will start to follow the same format (remember they all changed last year for the last "Ultimate Starts" month)? Hitch is at the top of his game, and Cap is looking better than ever. And that's just in 8 pages! :D

Dude I cant wait for this to come out. I....my god, this is gonna be the coolest comic ever. I think this was worth the wait.

I really thought that the title was back on track... Even though this time has elapsed since we last heard from them, Millar's writing hasn't faltered and the story and characters are all up to par and then some. I can't wait to see more of this... It's shaping up to be a very interesting volume... Especially after Fury disobeyed the higher authority and sent the super heroes overseas when he was told they were form domestic affairs only. I bet that's what sparks the whole mess with the other teams popping up!

Nice new colors and the cover formate is interesting, too. I'd really like to see the other titles work like that, too.

Goodwill said:
It's shaping up to be a very interesting volume... Especially after Fury disobeyed the higher authority and sent the super heroes overseas when he was told they were form domestic affairs only. I bet that's what sparks the whole mess with the other teams popping up!

I hope you're right, or otherwise this preview didn't really give us a peak at any future storylines, or anything relevant to the plot.

I'm not complaining, though. The preview was awesome, and I can't wait to read the first issue.

Well, Millar does like to have a fashionable entrance... I'm srue the first issue will just be him showing off again.

I doubt that the comic will sell 100 million copies it's first day out, but we'll see!

So, the new colors... Are you thinking they are brighter and more colorful to give it more of a comic look? That's all I can see... Also, why is Quicksilver blonde now?

Hey GW, I looked at the cover in the preview, since it's like zoomed in and all, and Quicksilver's hair wasn't blonde. I still see gray ther man.

Yep. Definitely blond.

Attachments

• quicksilverblond.jpg
    quicksilverblond.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 66
Woops. Terribly sorry there. I was only looking at the cover. :(

So would this be the colorist's fault? I mean, the colorist does the color for all the pages in the book which includes the cover right?

It might not be anyone's "fault" - maybe that's just how he looks now...?

Latest posts

Back