PopCultureShock offers 6-page preview of Ultimate X-Men #54

E

Excelsior Club
[IMGL]http://ultimatecentral.com/images/news-ultxmen54cov.jpg[/IMGL] PopCultureShock is showing a 6-page preview of Ultimate X-Men #54 by Brian K. Vaughan and Stuart Immonen.

The issue is the first part of the arc called "Longshot," which introduces Ultimate Longshot and Ultimate Mojo.

The original solicitation from Marvel reads:
"LONGSHOT" PART 1 (OF 3) The introduction of Ultimate Longshot! It's the ultimate reality show as mutants convicted of capital crimes are released on an island where they're hunted down by contestants. Longshot has survived longest and the X-Men are sent to rescue him-until they become part of the game themselves. 32 PGS./MARVEL ALL AGES...$2.25

See the preview at http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3604

Cant wait to get this book when it comes out.

Should be a great read... But, is it just me, or does Longshot seem just a little too willing to kill people? I understand that he's being hunted and all but he was seeming to enjoy it rather than do it out of fear, which anyone would naturally do. I'm thinking Longshot may be a better villain than ally, if anything... As of now, of course, I'd like to see more, more, more!

Goodwill said:
Should be a great read... But, is it just me, or does Longshot seem just a little too willing to kill people? I understand that he's being hunted and all but he was seeming to enjoy it rather than do it out of fear, which anyone would naturally do. I'm thinking Longshot may be a better villain than ally, if anything... As of now, of course, I'd like to see more, more, more!

What the bloody hell are you talking about? A bloody villian? Are you trying to annoy me on purpose?

c'mon LSJL, he clearly was quite happy about to kill that hunter person. It could be good if he ends up as serious, dangerous comptetition for the X-men when they get forced into the game

Yeah but he's even drawn with a glint in his eye. "oh well then" isn't the most remorseful of things. Personally though i think it adds more dimension to the character

Longshot is full of dimension, he is a hero, he is wonderful, brilliant and every other hero/villian in the Marvel Universe can all kill themselves.

OKay, maybe I am a little obsessed with this character.

I think we may have a bit of Dr Richard Kimble with this character.

longshotjimlee said:
I think we may have a bit of Dr Richard Kimble with this character.

I didn't see any one-armed men in the preview...

Again with the references to things no one understands... :) What is it with you LS?

Also, with Longshot... I like to think of him, right now, as a character that loves to be by himself. Am I right? Well, what happens when the X-Men ask him to join? What if he sees them the way Sunspot did? It should be interesting seeing as how he has a temper.

Goodwill said:
Again with the references to things no one understands... :) What is it with you LS?

Hey - I got it. :D

What About Ultimate Mojo?!

Does anyone have any idea as to how Ultimate Mojo will be portrayed in this story arc? Please tell me I won't see another giant glob of green Jell-O running around on mechanical spider legs in the Ultimate Universe! :eek:

No - he's some kind of media mogul. I would think he's completely human.

I really cant wait for this arch. Just from the cover it looks like Iceman is drawn well and I really want to know how his charchterization will be. I'm hoping he gets over Rogue, gets the spotlight at some point and goes back to what his personality should be. I want to see a display of cool power with funny lines like in Ultimate Wars. I don't care if he even crawls back to Kitty as long as he gets his carefree attitude back.

Iceman_fan15 said:
I really cant wait for this arch. Just from the cover it looks like Iceman is drawn well and I really want to know how his charchterization will be. I'm hoping he gets over Rogue, gets the spotlight at some point and goes back to what his personality should be. I want to see a display of cool power with funny lines like in Ultimate Wars. I don't care if he even crawls back to Kitty as long as he gets his carefree attitude back.

I....I couldn't have said it better myself! :p

I reckon we could have a new brotherhood of mutants made up of ex-x-men, (and bearing in mind that Rogue is Bobby's Ex-girlfriend so that would make her an ex-ex-x-man).

Rogue, Iceman, Gambit, Dazzler, Longshot and...

erm...

Beast!!!

longshotjimlee said:
I reckon we could have a new brotherhood of mutants made up of ex-x-men, (and bearing in mind that Rogue is Bobby's Ex-girlfriend so that would make her an ex-ex-x-man).

Rogue, Iceman, Gambit, Dazzler, Longshot and...

erm...

Beast!!!

Yeah, dream on.

Latest posts

Back