PopCultureShock posts last-minute look at Ultimate Spider-Man #92

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #92 preview

Interesting...I noticed Angel was present, so this either takes place before Magnetic North (which probably wouldn't make sense given the Kitty/Peter relationship just starting there) or Angel comes back to the X-Men soon. Or he just happened to get popped while visiting...talk about bad timing.

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #92 preview

DIrishB said:
Interesting...I noticed Angel was present, so this either takes place before Magnetic North (which probably wouldn't make sense given the Kitty/Peter relationship just starting there) or Angel comes back to the X-Men soon. Or he just happened to get popped while visiting...talk about bad timing.

I don't see Rogue anywhere. I guess it happens before Magnetic North. Though Dazzler is not there too.

DIrishB said:
Yup...God, I'd have killed Bendis myself if he decided to "Ultimize" that aspect of the character...in other words, change it. Naturally, it would be for the worse in that case.

Or worse yet, if he just didn't get it at all.

I like the guy's work, generally, but dude does NOT know how to write Emma Frost.

For such a short preview, I got pretty excited. Deadpool's "hell yeah" put a smile on my face, the X-Men shackled like that just seems really cool like The Reavers are a good threat already. I like we're walking away from the Mansion here and the target is the X-Men themselves not just Cerebro or some lame story like that. Lot's of questions to be answered. Can't wait.

Bummed about the continuity problem DIrishB pointed out...

The art looks so good... Imagine if we had our other colorist on the title about now. I would probably die. I'm really like the art right now.

This story is going somewhere but it's completely out of place... This could probably belong better in the Ultimate X-Men, really.

Your right about Angel though, I saw his wings and his face, so it doesn't exactly make sense as to why he is there. As for keeping Deadpool the same, yeah that's kickass, I enjoy Deadpools sense of humour, it's what keeps his character interesting.:lol:

I dunno how they are going to keep the Ult. Spider-man title going at the time-line speed it is currently (still 15, with not a whole lot of time gone by since he became spider-man, etc...). Long-term, this is likely going to cause all kinds of problems when mixing him in with the other titles, ie) Angel suddenly appearing when maybe he shouldn't have... particularily with the Kitty/Peter relationship mixed into it all...

Ice said:
The mask...off again...

:?

Maybe will luck out an the guy who said, "take of that stupid mask." Was referring to Deadpool and not Spidey. I mean they did stop the page short of someone's mask coming off.

Ice said:
The mask...off again...

:?
No kidding. AGAIN.

:? :? :?

If Peter keeps ignoring his spider-sense, he should be dead already. Remember when Peter's policy was "If spider-sense blares, just move!" :evil:

the watcher said:
Maybe will luck out an the guy who said, "take of that stupid mask." Was referring to Deadpool and not Spidey. I mean they did stop the page short of someone's mask coming off.
Yeah...I don't think so. :noway:

Latest posts

Back