PopCultureShock previews Ultimate Fantastic Four #27

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Buzzscope.com previews Ultimate Fantastic Four #27

Buzzscopes has posted a 3 page preview of Ultimate Fantastic Four 27 including the cover.

From the original solicitation:

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #27

COVER BY: GREG LAND
WRITER: MARK MILLAR
PENCILS: GREG LAND
INKS: MATT RYAN
COLORED BY: JUSTIN PONSOR
LETTERED BY: CHRIS ELIOPOULOS

THE STORY: "PRESIDENT THOR" Part 1 (of 3) A guilt-ridden Reed Richards attempts to undo his greatest failure by using time travel to fix the snag that caused the teleportation accident which resulted in Ben Grimm's becoming the Thing. If it works, Ben will be Ben and the Thing will never have existed. And neither will the F.F. Be careful what you wish for.

32 PGS./RATED A …$2.50

PRICE: $2.50
IN STORES: 02-15-2006

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm getting a cover and then 2 & 3 are the same even though the page says 3 pages.

I'll leave it and assume they will fix it.

So apperantly Johny thinks its a good idea to get booze from a genius flesh eating creature of the undead. How stupid is he? But I'm glad to see the zombe thing wasn't just a throw away arc and that it has more to do with the upcoming plots.

I had a lot of problems with crossover but since it was the whole establishment for the Frightful Four origin, I'm gonna give the arc a 5/5 now. This preview looks sweet and if Millar did anything right with this run, it's these zombies.

1. Johnny better not be stupid enough to fall for this because that would be really lame.

2. Johnny looks like a blond Tom Welling.

Wow. What does Millat take Johnny - hell, even his audience - for? Second graders? If this isn't the stupidest thing anyone has written in comic books,I don't know what is.

I think it's just trying to suggest that Johnny could be partly responsible for the zombie FF's escape in the Frightful arc. We all know that Johnny Storm will take the spotlight there.

Hmm... Zombie Reed says that they need to devour flesh to survive. But didn't Marvel Zombies already proved that they didn't really need it and their hunger for flesh was actually psychological? I hope Reed just thinks he needs to eat to live.

I do like that the zombie Fantastic Four wasn't just plot device villains. Zombie Reed is a very cool villain. Still bugs me why doesn't the Baxter Building dispose of the zombie FF.

Last edited:
I have two questions:
1.Who trust a zombie genius? I could possibly imagine why anyone would be as stupid as to trust a zombie who's long term plan is the extermination of the human race.
2. Why is zombie Reed still alive? I can only imagine it's because Ultimate Reed thinks Zombie Reed will be of some use in the future. Even if Ultimate Reed saw the benefit of the such a risk, I don't think the Army would be willing to. One really cool way to deal with the Army would be to reveal that the Army placed a Nuclear Bomb in the Baxter Building, as a containment protocol.

MaxwellSmart said:
Why is zombie Reed still alive? I can only imagine it's because Ultimate Reed thinks Zombie Reed will be of some use in the future. Even if Ultimate Reed saw the benefit of the such a risk, I don't think the Army would be willing to. One really cool way to deal with the Army would be to reveal that the Army placed a Nuclear Bomb in the Baxter Building, as a containment protocol.
I'd imagine that the military higher ups have decided to keep the zombieverse Four simply because it would be useful to conduct research and experiment on them.

I mean, its not like the idea of murderous-rampaging death-causing things being kept alive under military supervision hasn't been done before.That's like Aliens AND Resident Evil. They just haven't gotten around to actually starting said research (probably because they're still too afraid to do it.)

Latest posts

Back