Possibly the most crucial question ever asked by a UC poll

WHICH BIZARRO SUPERMAN COSTUME(S) DO YOU PREFER?

• Total voters

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
WHICH BIZARRO COSTUME DO YOU GO FOR MOST OF ALL?!(A Multi-Vote Poll!)

Regular Superman Costume!
255-1.jpg

Regular Superman Costume With Bizarro #1 Rock!
300px-Bizarro_Comics_1.jpg

Backwards-S Superman Costume!
2688440220_02e9ec0057.jpg

Backwards-S Superman Costume With Bizarro #1 Rock!
Bizarro_03.JPG

Darkened Superman Costume!
Bizarro_04.JPG

Darkened Superman Costume With Bizarro #1 Rock!
Bizarro1.jpg

Darkened Backwards-S Superman Costume!
ras_work1.jpg

Darkened Backwards-S Superman Costume With Bizarro #1 Rock!
Bizarro_02.jpg

THE CHOICE IS YOURS! DECIDE!

Last edited:
What's Darkend?

I like the one in Justice.

Hmm.... you know that thing where if you look at a word long enough it becomes strange and bizarre and doesn't look right no matter how you spell it? Even if it's something like your own name? I think this was a case of that. For some reason "darkened" just looked ridiculous even though it looks completely right now. What a phenomenon.

Err, I mean, that's the BIZARRO spelling of the word!:shifty:

Last edited:
I couldn't decide so I voted all of them :lol:

Last edited:
I like all the backwards shield variations, though typically I do not like the rock. The rock is good if it's a silver-age-ish story... Modern-day bizarros shouldn't have it.

EDIT: You forgot the Warped-Shield Bizarro from Superman:TAS

supermanv3_10_1.jpg

Last edited:
Zibarro is pretty amazing. I wonder if they'll drag him into regular continuity any time soon.

I don't see much difference between any of these.

You don't?!:shock:

My write-in vote is for the Red Son Bizarro.

MAINSTREAM CONTINUITY ONLY, YOU BLITHERING IDIOT!

I like all the backwards shield variations, though typically I do not like the rock. The rock is good if it's a silver-age-ish story... Modern-day bizarros shouldn't have it.

EDIT: You forgot the Warped-Shield Bizarro from Superman:TAS

supermanv3_10_1.jpg

Didn't forget, I count that as just "Darkened Superman Costume". Most Bizarro costumes are somewhat warped, anyway.

I agree with the Zibarro sentiments.

I think the rock only works if he's on Bizzaro World or somesuch.

It's the John Byrne-style for me, thank you very much. Monster-like and dark, but still a Superman costume that a clone of Superman would probably be wearing.

I mean, where did the backwards-S costume even come from? Or is the whole Emperor Joker thing still canon?!

Also, what are people's opinions on him having pretty much Superman's regular powers, or a few reversed powers, like ice-vision and fire-breath?

I condone the latter(though pretty much only so far as those two powers.... x-ray vision that can only see through lead and microscopic vision that shrinks things just don't make sense), but I think of them as just another strange mutation of the failed clone, not some Mx-chief or meteor-hit shenannigans.

Also, what are people's opinions on him having pretty much Superman's regular powers, or a few reversed powers, like ice-vision and fire-breath?

I condone the latter(though pretty much only so far as those two powers.... x-ray vision that can only see through lead and microscopic vision that shrinks things just don't make sense), but I think of them as just another strange mutation of the failed clone, not some Mx-chief or meteor-hit shenannigans.

Yeah, that's a tricky question.

On the one hand, the whole "ossopite powerzz" just seems silly when you think about them (x-ray hearing...:roll:). On the other hand, if Bizarro just as Superman's powers, he's basically Non from Superman II, with Superman's costume and white skin and no Jesus-beard.

Last edited:
It's the John Byrne-style for me, thank you very much. Monster-like and dark, but still a Superman costume that a clone of Superman would probably be wearing.

I mean, where did the backwards-S costume even come from? Or is the whole Emperor Joker thing still canon?!

I'm pretty sure the backwards-S thing is WAY older than that.... he definitely had it on Superfriends and the picture with it in the first post of this thread looks like it's from the Silver-Age.

Costume-wise, the most important thing to me is the darkened colours because it makes them visually distinguishable in a high-speed fight. Second-most would be the backwards-S, just because I like it.

Yeah, that's a tricky question.

On the one hand, the whole "ossopite powerzz" just seems silly when you think about them (x-ray hearing...:roll:). On the other hand, if Bizarro just as Superman's powers, he's basically Non from Superman II, with Superman's costume and white skin and no Jesus-beard.

That's basically it, I like the increased variation there because it adds something to their fights(heat-vision vs ice-vision is awesome). Also, there was a GREAT line in Justice in Bruce Wayne's computer files that goes "Instead of emitting heat, Bizarro's glare freezes, killing everything in sight". Always stuck with me and makes a good mental impression of the character.

Oh! Oh! Oh my god, you guys! I totally know where the backwards S came from!

[teacher voice]
In this Silver Age Bizarro TPB my dad got a while back, Bizarro #1 is put on trial on Bizarro-World for making something >gasp< PERFECT! Their costumes are perfect replicas of Superman's suit! Bizarro #1 and his family are exiled. Bizarro desperately wants to return to his home planet, so he decides to create a super-intelligent ally: Bizarro-Luther, a kind and altruistic scientist! Bizarro-Luther demands that Bizarro do good deeds in order to obtain his help, which Bizarro predictably fails at. Eventually, he's done enough damage for Bizarro-Luther to send him back with the solution to his problem: a bunch of costumes with backwards S's. In celebration, the Bizarros begin to throw pies at Bizarro #1.
[/teacher voice]

Also, I know I voted for the Bizarro #1 rock, but he obviously should only have that in the really, really goofy stories where Bizarro World exists because otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

Latest posts

Back