Premiere hardcovers - like 'em or hate 'em?

What do you think about the Premiere Hardcovers?

• Like 'em

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Hate 'em

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Bass Option

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

E

Excelsior Club
I saw on another message board recently some people lambasting Marvel's Premiere Hardcovers, and I was just wondering what people's thoughts here are on them.

I don't even know what the complaints are about them. Price? Size?

Do you like them or hate them? Why? What about them do you like/hate? Do you buy them?

I like them...it would probably be nice if they were the size of standard hardcovers but it's not like it's a problem.

Anyway...interested to read your thoughts.

I don't really care, as I don't buy them.

Though it's going to be a bummer trying to read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier.

The problem is that 1.) I tend to buy the first trade of a book to try it out. Sometimes buying a $30 hardcover seems like a big gamble. Once I start collecting a book in trades, I like to stick to trades. It would be weird having two trades of a book and then a bunch of hardcovers. And 2.) The only nice hardcovers I tend to see at my comic store are the Marvel ones, and there isn't much Marvel stuff that I'm trying to collect right now.

THe Bass Option - PRefer the oversized year containing Hardcovers but not willing to wait possible years to get it. So I buy in the nicest format I can, the premire HCs. I do wish that they gave a little more page room from the spine of the book, a few of the ones I have seem to be eating the art.

The fact that I get them for less than the cover price of the eventual trade helps too...

Latest posts

Back