Preview to Ultimate Spiderman Letterpage

Ricky

Ultimate Office wrote me a mail the last days, asking me if they could use part of a mail I sent them recently for an up-coming Letterpage (I keep sending in fan-feedback about once each three months). I asked what part of my mail they were talking about, and they told me it's the part about Ultimate Spiderman.

Here's what I had wrote in the first place:
Ultimate Spiderman is okay, right now. I did't like most of the stuff since issue 50, but the hobgoblin arc turned out to be fine. I think Mr. Bendis lost it the moment he lost focus of Peter Parker and his life. I don't know about other readers, but I care more about MJ and (cared) Gwen and Kong and May then I did about Dr. Octopus or any other Super-Fight.
I personally regard the death of Gwen Stacy as a pretty stupid move, because Bendis killed of the most interesting character in the whole series, the one I always came back to read more about, and he has't really made any progress towards reestablishing any other characters with a similar depth or enjoyablity.
But PLEASE, PLEASE, don't bring her back. Death really has to be final in the Ultimate Universe, if it's suppossed to keep its integrity!

Here's part of the answer, why the want to run it:
Oh, we're gonna change everything so it sounds like you loved everything about every book. No, I'm kidding--right now we're looking to run the Spider-Man part, and don't worry, I don't think you sound like a jerk. Legitimate concerns, and I hope some of them are alleviated by 79 (or at least acknowledged there...) but airing those concerns are what lettercolumns should be about!

Last edited:
Can I have the e-mail to the office, then? I'd like to sound off on this colorist that we have on the title right now... Mr. JD Smith, I believe. I'll let the Ultimate Editors know that this is the bigger problem.

Goodwill said:
Can I have the e-mail to the office, then? I'd like to sound off on this colorist that we have on the title right now... Mr. JD Smith, I believe. I'll let the Ultimate Editors know that this is the bigger problem.
Have people forgotten it? Lol.

[email protected]

Last edited:
It's easily forgotten when all of the editors and Bendis seemed to have forgoten it, too. Where has it been since Carnage? It's pretty messed up to not have it as frequently as it once was... Do you guys remember the Ultimate Letter Page marriage in UXM? :lol:

Wait - Gwen was the most interesting character in the book?! :sure:

UltimateE said:
Wait - Gwen was the most interesting character in the book?! :sure:
Sure she is! If you like blonde-haired punk rocker wannabe chicks! It's an Avril Lavigne kind of thang! :p ::runs away::

Well, her role was unlike her 616 counterpart, so that's why Ultimate Gwen was so well liked. Such a departure was a big risk, but since Peter was involved with MJ, Gwen was put into a very cool role and still had that sort of relationship with Peter.

Anyway, I did write a letter into the Ultimate Office... I gave 'um a piece of my mind, too. ;)

Goodwill said:
Anyway, I did write a letter into the Ultimate Office... I gave 'um a piece of my mind, too. ;)

Yeah! Fight the machine! :roll:

Well, it was more like "What are you thinking" questions about JD Smith... That was all. They probably won't get published because I probably came off as abrasive but at least they know he's a problem now.

Goodwill said:
It's easily forgotten when all of the editors and Bendis seemed to have forgoten it, too. Where has it been since Carnage? It's pretty messed up to not have it as frequently as it once was... Do you guys remember the Ultimate Letter Page marriage in UXM? :lol:

Yeah I was just reading that the other night when I realized how much I missed the Ultimate Letters Page! I'm so excited to hear there will be another one, hence I have read almost zero of this thread, because I want the letter to be a surprise. :D

I think this may be a Veiled way of saying that "Mr. Bendis is now finished with all of this "House of M" crap, and can concentrate on now just THREE series (I think....), so the title is going to get better again...

-Powers
-USP
-New Avengers

Im not missing anything, am i? I mean, he's finishing up his run on Daredevil.... but he doesnt have any other Running series...

so yeah.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I think this may be a Veiled way of saying that "Mr. Bendis is now finished with all of this "House of M" crap, and can concentrate on now just THREE series (I think....), so the title is going to get better again...

-Powers
-USP
-New Avengers

Im not missing anything, am i? I mean, he's finishing up his run on Daredevil.... but he doesnt have any other Running series...

so yeah.
The Pulse. He writes The Pulse.

I'm glad they are recognizing that the title is in a slump, but to have Bendis be solely responsible is silly. JD Smith should be put on a stake...

Goodwill said:
I'm glad they are recognizing that the title is in a slump, but to have Bendis be solely responsible is silly. JD Smith should be put on a stake...

You're talking about two completely different, unrelated problems.

yeah.... theres a lot of times where a great story won't have great art.

It took me a while to get into The Sandman, because the original penciler didn't exactly do it for me... but i stuck through it and it was fantabulous....

I wouldn't call Bendis' current USP work Fantabulous. Not even a little.

Latest posts

Back