Previews and solicits - do you or don't you?

Previews and solicts?

• Everything! Previews, solicits, spoilers. I want to know it all NOW.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I read previews/solicits for the titles I'm already reading.

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • I read previews/solicits for the titles I MIGHT be interested in.

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • I read previews/solicits for the titles I don't buy/read to keep up.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • NO! I don't want to know anything in advance!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rhyo said:
I was busy editing, sorry.
Ahh.

I myself read it for the titles I do read, as well as the ones I don't read, and want to keep up.

But sometimes I want to know spoilers now, and sometimes I don't. It depends.

Ice said:
Ahh.

I myself read it for the titles I do read, as well as the ones I don't read, and want to keep up.

But sometimes I want to know spoilers now, and sometimes I don't. It depends.

I have to say I am almost "all of the above" - there are some titles that I try to go into completely unspoiled (although I'm on the internet enough that's almost impossible). I usually read the solicits as a part of reading through the text files of Previews, but there are certain titles i try not to look at internet previews for (Captain America, Ex Machina, Young Avengers - probably Civil War from here out). When I was thinking about picking up Daredevil, I read all the solicits, previews and spoilers I could, because I wanted to know where the title WAS and where it was going. Then there are titles like New Avengers that I generally don;t buy but read all the spoilers and previews for, just to keep up.

And then there are some titles that I can't resist looking at Every Single Thing about (cough*Ultimates*cough) even though I wish I could stop.

Rhyo said:
I have to say I am almost "all of the above" - there are some titles that I try to go into completely unspoiled (although I'm on the internet enough that's almost impossible). I usually read the solicits as a part of reading through the text files of Previews, but there are certain titles i try not to look at internet previews for (Captain America, Ex Machina, Young Avengers - probably Civil War from here out). When I was thinking about picking up Daredevil, I read all the solicits, previews and spoilers I could, because I wanted to know where the title WAS and where it was going. Then there are titles like New Avengers that I generally don;t buy but read all the spoilers and previews for, just to keep up.

And then there are some titles that I can't resist looking at Every Single Thing about (cough*Ultimates*cough) even though I wish I could stop.
Wow.

Now I feel the same as you, thinking about it.

I keep up on the titles I read regularly, but once in a while if I'm thinking about it I read through the solits and see if anything else looks good. But I mainly depend on discussion and buzz when looking for new titles.

I read the previews/solicits for comics I'm reading or am interested in. However, I don't think I have a set guideline. Afterall, there are previews for Nextwave and Daredevil up, but I'm not going to look at them, because I can't be bothered and it might be a nice suprise.

Spoilers are another thing. I collect the trades of the Ultimate Universe, so it's going to be a while before I read The Ultimates or Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine... So I normally read the spoilers for those issues.

E said:
I keep up on the titles I read regularly, but once in a while if I'm thinking about it I read through the solits and see if anything else looks good. But I mainly depend on discussion and buzz when looking for new titles.
What he said.

I read previews/solicits for the titles I MIGHT be interested in.

mainly for new titles that i might like to read or bring in, mostly from image and Vertigo, and then indy titles like...Public Enemy...be published by Mule Ent. ...which you all should be buying

it helps me decide what will be the best title for the people in my area

Last edited:
I read them all for DC, Image, and Dark Horse. With Marvel I tend not to read everything as I tradewait most of thier stuff and like a bit of a supprise when I'm reading it.

Latest posts

Back