Prince Caspian

Looks good. I enjoyed the first film, so I imagine I'll probably enjoy this one.

The only one is I think they're going to have a very hard time doing is The Magician's Nephew. Showing the creation of a world on film is going to be a rather daunting task.

Last edited:
I can't believe they're not merging Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I was expecting them to merge these two and possibly leave out A Horse and His Boy.

Nothing happens in Prince Caspian. The Pevensies return, take a billion years to figure out where they are, listen to the story of Prince Caspian running away from home, walk to Caspian, have a brief scuffle with some traitors, then have one major fight. Then Aslan runs around destroying all aspects of civilization that the author didn't like. Caspian is crowned King. The end.

Despite these misgivings, the first movie did a good job of extending and merging scenes to fit the time limit and build suspense without taking anything important from the plot or obviously padding it. I think they'll do okay with Prince Caspian.

Still, merging a book or two would ensure the series doesn't run out of steam. Sure, everyone loves The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but I think most people haven't even heard of The Silver Chair or The Last Battle and won't be too thrilled about all their favorite characters stepping aside for new ones. I've never felt it's a problem, but it does make the movies less--what's the term? Accessible?

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was a great film. So I'll be watching this

Last edited:
I can't believe they're not merging Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I was expecting them to merge these two and possibly leave out A Horse and His Boy.

I still think that they are going to leave out A Horse and His Boy because the story itself is really short and pretty lacking on action, at best it will be merged into another movie.

The first movie was good once. I couldn't watch it again.

I'll probably see this though because my sister is a big Narnia freak.

There's no possible way to merge PRince Caspian and Voyage of Dawn Treader.

They happen decades apart from each other in the Narnia world, and all the characters age, Peter doesn't go on the journey, Susan doesn't believe in Narnia anymore, and a new character gets introduced.

I'm glad they are keeping them separate.

They happen decades apart from each other in the Narnia world, and all the characters age, Peter doesn't go on the journey, Susan doesn't believe in Narnia anymore, and a new character gets introduced.

I've never read the books but that sounds cool

As I said above, I would probably see this because my sister is a Narnia freak. And so I did, because today was her birthday. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. I think it was better than the first one, mainly because we didn't have to spend so much time on the introduction of the world and characters. Some of the CGI was insane.

Oh, boy.

I can't wait for them to make a Screwtape Letters movie!

Edit: So, that was supposed to be a joke but...

:shock:

apparently they're actually making one....

Last edited:
Wow, I thought this movie was released already.

Did no one on the board watch it?

Incidentally, I hated the first movie, so I'm glad that after looking it up that while the film made a modest profit, it fell short of studio expectations.

Wow, I thought this movie was released already.

Did no one on the board watch it?

Incidentally, I hated the first movie, so I'm glad that after looking it up that while the film made a modest profit, it fell short of studio expectations.

I saw it, as posted above. It was quite good.

I believe TGO and DSF have seen it as well. There's not really that much to say about it.

Last edited:
:D Wow. You are spiteful, huh?
Pay close attention and you'll notice that since I tend to go easy on a lot of bad films --- not by lowering the standards in saying 'it's just a...' nor by regarding the Hollywood machinery in a cynical fashion, and never by disconnecting myself from the reality that badness is a subjectively elastic quality --- so there are very few films I'll actually go on record as saying I hated, and when I do, I'll be passionate about it.

I mean, what's the point of being so adamantly negative about poor movies, since there are so many of them? Might as well concentrate that spite so it has meaning amidst a sea of films whose 'badness' I'm rather indifferent to.

I saw it, and thought it was pretty good, other than the usual Disney insistence that there be some sort of romance angle to it. :roll:

I was particularly pleased with the portrayal of Reepicheep, who's my favorite character in the series.

Latest posts

Back