• X-Box One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Playstation 4 and X-Box One

• None/Sticking to PC

• Total voters

Nurhachi

Hey all. Interested to see what you all are getting.

I've always been an X-Box guy, but no way am I getting a console where you have to be constantly online.

PS4 for me this time round.

I've had a PS1, a PS2 and a PS3 and I will eventually be getting a PS4. I've never had an Xbox and it doesn't look like I'll be getting one anytime soon.

I got a second hand PS1 right after the PS2 came out. And I got a PS2 slim just before the PS3 came out. And I got a second hand PS3 last year. I may eventually get a PS4... but not any time soon.

I've been with Playstation since the beginning and that's not changing anytime soon. I might not get on during the launch window (still way too many games to play and buy for PS3), but I will get one. No doubt about that.

I also have had an Xbox 360, had a PS2 I got from a friend for free but never really used it (it was around the time PS3 came out so it was dated and there wasn't much drawing me to it since I was hyped on my 360).

But like so many others, Microsoft has lost me as a loyal customer. The 24 hour check in requirement, the DRM and lies about developers receiving a cut (which they weren't) of the fees, the always on Kinect, and the final nail in the coffin: displaying their games at E3 on a PC but lying and saying it was on the One.

Seriously, Microsoft, you guys are *******s. And the player base is obviously not down with your restrictive approaches, hence the PS4 far outselling the Xbox One in preorders and the poll on Amazon (amongst many others) showing a vast leaning towards PS4.

Glad Sony have taken a different approach, and glad people are voting with their wallets. Hopefully Microsoft will wise up.

will get PS4 so this gen i'll be PS4 + wiiU.

Xbox one loos to be everything im against like stopping used games. However i will say project spark + dedicated multiplayer servers are grear

Wii U.

PS4 someday. I had an XBox 360 a long time ago when the PS3 was $600 and I ended up getting rid of it once the PS3 price dropped.

So, yeah, MS changed the reviled policies. The irony is, that means they have to cut out some of their more interesting features.

The ability to share your games from any machine with up to ten designated friends or family members, being able to access any of your games through the cloud, and having your entire library digitized were neat thoughts (though I guess the latter still works if you just buy your games digital). But MS' proprietary policies have been a pain in the ass for some time now. Combined with the price point and the possibility of cloud streaming backwards compatibility on PS4, it's still no contest for me. Sony's relationship with its customers over the past few years speaks for itself.

Good on Microsoft for listening to users.

Doesn't change my mind about which system I will/would buy, but I'm glad they made the change.

I think they will bring these ideas back after release day.

They'd likely open themselves up to a major class action lawsuit if they enacted those changes after release. If you buy a product under the impression (an impression made by the company, no less) you don't need to have Internet access or be able to buy and play used games, then the company reverses that stance and forces people who bought that system at or after launch but before those policies are re-enacted, now making that system essentially worthless for those without Internet and those who buy used games having to pay an additional fee, Microsoft would be breaking consumer and good faith laws. As said, they'd be wide open to lawsuits, even if Microsoft tried inserting claims/allowances into the User Manual and their website, etc.

Nah, they can't reverse their stance now unless they do it before launch, and doing so would be the final nail in the coffin for the Xbox One from both a marketing and public relations perspective.

Didn't you read my post? They can't release the system under one established approach and then change that to affect a large number of their customers. They'd be sued big time. Them pulling that would be a "bad faith" breach with their customers.

Not if they pull some BS excuse like safety. Look at PS3 and other OS. Plus say 30000 xbox one's sold. They loose 50% in lawsuit. it's still 50% more than they would have before. I mean Microsoft didn't care that the 360 has the BIGGEST fail rate of any console why would they start caring about customers now?

Not if they pull some BS excuse like safety. Look at PS3 and other OS. Plus say 30000 xbox one's sold. They loose 50% in lawsuit. it's still 50% more than they would have before. I mean Microsoft didn't care that the 360 has the BIGGEST fail rate of any console why would they start caring about customers now?

Well, for one, if its a class action lawsuit they'd be responsible for paying back a large portion of those profits. It'd be an almost impossible case to lose for the consumers. Secondly, it'd severely hurt Microsoft's stock price and they'd be hearing it from their stockholders, which they do care about. Look how much it dipped just from the unfavorable Xbox One announcement. If they pulled another reversal, that stock drop would be far more. Third, it'd also destroy a large portion of their future online sales through their Xbox Live Service, since their consumer confidence would be in tatters, again even moreso after the intial Xbox One announcement. After the reversal to not require 24 hour check ins/online connection and restrictions on used games, their consumer confidence is slowly creeping back up, their stock is now up, and Xbox pre orders will probably increase.

As for them pulling a "safety" excuse, they can release software updates and patches without requiring 24 hour check ins or permanent online connections or restrictions on used games. Its comparable to releasing a video game for a console NOT requiring an online connection, then somewhere down the line converting it into an MMO requiring that connection and for you to log in and play every 24 hours to keep your account working. You bought the game originally with the expressed idea it ISN'T an MMO, and could play it offline. To change that is completely unfair to your customers on a level opening that company up to lawsuits.

Microsoft screwed up with the original approach to Xbox One, the fans reacted harshly and made it clear they (for the most part) weren't onboard, so Microsoft had to change their approach to regain some of that expected lost profit. The bad publicity, the lower than expected pre orders (the PS4 is vastly outselling the Xbox One for a reason, and that reason was the original restrictions), and the likely and expected slew of lawsuits Microsoft would face should prevent any drastic changes back to the original approach.

You may be right. But one reason I don't own 360 anymore Is i feel as a customer I can't trust them after the RROD (had it more than once) and others have pointed out the change is via day one patch. Who is to say the patch will work? Or they cant say "the patch caused problems so they had to delete it. It's not the same as a "video game for a console NOT requiring an online connection" as the xbox one you buy IS restricted. It's the patch that fixes that. So the patch could have issues or in the future bring back the other stuff and just say "You don't want this? Don't update." But some will feel they have too to play latest games. It's BS but the fact we are dealing with a patch changes things.

I just don't trust them.

Yeah, DIB - you have way too much good faith in them.

Wait, what if D!B is actually Microsoft? How do we know he's even real? He's part of the program! THIS IS HOW THEY'RE LISTENING IN!! :crazy:

Latest posts

Back