PSP Go

http://kotaku.com/5372943/why-everyone-should-be-watching-the-pspgo

I want this to fail. And the only reason why is because it's a rip-off. I really would love to have one, but to charge $250 for it is idiocy. Especially considering they have failed to come up with a way to make it worth it for current PSP owners owning UMD games. Don't give me crap about licensing and whatnot. Fix it.

I want it to fail. Digital delivery is not the way to go. What happens when the service is over? All of your money is wasted.

Nothing will ever replace good old physical. Nothing quite like slowly opening the plastic. Digital can't emulate you popping the cd out of the plastic case for the very first time.

I'll admit, Steam is incredibly convenient. But there is no way in hell that digital is better than the real thing.

You know in threads like this, E's avatar is entirely appropriate

I know right?

It's not like Sony's going to break into his house, put a gun to his head, and threaten his children's lives if he doesn't buy one.

Oh come on. A man says he doesn't like something, going against the crowd, and what does the crowd do?

They go all crazy like. :/

Reminds me of when I rant about FO3 and Bioware. Everyone goes crazy on me!

Oh come on. A man says he doesn't like something, going against the crowd, and what does the crowd do?

They go all crazy like. :/

Reminds me of when I rant about FO3 and Bioware. Everyone goes crazy on me!

No, it's more of yours and his irrational need to be right, and have your way be the only way.

Seriously, if you don't like the PSP Go/BioWare/Fallout 3/WTF ever, simply don't buy it. Don't try to convert everyone to your point of view, because that's when you go from being "against the crowd" to being a douche.

It's like the daily crap people give me for using a Mac, or playing a PS3, being a girl, etc.

In summary, yes E, yes Hex, we get it, you don't like how much Sony's charging for a PSP Go. Now quit effing whining about it.

Last edited:
Skotti, I love ya, but your logic is flawed.

First of all, we are not whining. We are simply saying why we think the PSP Go is a bad product.

If we were whining, it'd be more along the lines of us simply saying the PSP Go is bad, with no explanation. We are backing up what we think with reasons. and somewhat logical ones at that!

Secondly, we are simply arguing our case. Is everyone who protest an opposition to something the majority like "whining"? By the argument you have presented, I have the impression you'd say yes.

It's human nature. People will disagree, and when they do, they will argue about it. Simple as that. :)

At least they have an upgrade path for UMD people. PSP-3000 is there for you. I take this as an experiment with download content like Sony said. They will learn to price their product once they've lost enough money.......they just need more stupidity like the original ps3 pricing.

Someone please gt them off the proprietary format crack-pipe though please.

I don't see what the problem is, it's basically an iPod touch with full-game capabilities swapped in for the touch capabilities, and as mentioned earlier in the thread it runs 50$ cheaper than the iPod with the same memory capabilities. It does more than just play videogames, it connects to the internet wirelessly for browsing, plays music, PS3 connectivity, and so on.

It's exactly like the DSi it's an alternative to the current model, it is explicitly NOT replacing the PSP-3000.

It's a great time for them to un-roll a new PSP aswell, with the recent upswing in the PS3's, with the large amount of inter-connectivity between the platforms is a perfect chance to push a new product to the new buyers. For the price of a PS3 a few months ago, you can get a PS3 and a PSPGo or if your inclined PSP-3000.

They're trying something new, it's the first all-digital hand-held video-gaming device, so suit them. You don't have to buy it, and they are far from asking for your approval. Wanting it to fail is juvenile and rediculous, you may not approve of it, you may not want one, but wanting it to fail is just silly.

I'm not telling anyone to keep it to themselves, you have an opinion, fine air it, odds are someone will listen. But saying silly things like "I want this to fail because blah blah blah" is just frankly, well stupid.

If you have a problem with the price-point, remember while it's closest competitors are the DS, and the PSP-3000, it is still in it's own bracket as a digital-only platform. Same thing with things like the iPod it does feature many similar features, but it's big-time videogame features set it apart from that aswell. So to price it between the two (PSP 3000 and the iPod) seems appropriate to me, so 250 seems fair. If the demand doesn't support the price-point it will lower over time.

I think E just wants us to buy him one.

You guys are misinterpreting my posts. It looks awesome. I want one. I don't want it to fail completely - digital distribution IS the future. It's MUCH better than discs (or worse yet, cartridges).

But to not have some sort of exchange program in place is stupid. Eventually the price will come down and there will be a push to move to this system instead of the 3000. But why wait? Why not put all your eggs in (very superior) basket? Take some initiative to change the industry rather than milk your customers.

And as for the complaining about my complaining - you're complete and total hypocrites. If you don't like it, leave and ignore the thread and don't post in it. In all seriousness, I don't want to see anyone posting any more in ANY thread telling people to stop complaining. If you don't like complaining, don't read it and don't respond to it. That's the most retarded response that can be made to a complaint post.

Chillax, I wasn't calling you out for complaining, the only thing directed at you was the "wanting it to fail" bit, sorry if I came across harsher than i intended.

Also I'm surprised by the price-point, I figured they'd put out a firmware update to give the 3000 the enhanced capabilities of PSP-Go, then release the Go at a lower price-rate than the PSP-3000. Sort of as a PSP "Nano" same thing, but smaller and cheaper.

I'm with TOG. Simply cause not everyone has access to the internet. I'd rather things stay on a disk, as with any computer system, the more stuff you add to it, the slower and crappier it gets.

I'm with TOG. Simply cause not everyone has access to the internet.

We're to the point now, or at least close enough to it, to where anybody who would have the ability to purchase or use an advanced gaming system does have access to the Internet in some form. And there are plenty of free wifi access points around.

It's enough to the point where someone could take the initiative and just pull the plug on cartridge and disc-based software. It's like with floppy drives - people were still using them but PC manufacturers just started pulling the plug. They were close enough to not needing them anymore to where they could push past the finish line.

I'm not as against digital movies and games as I am against digital comics.

But I like having copies on disc that I can loan people or take somewhere else. I'm sure you can move machines and stuff around. Maybe I am just against change.

My biggest fear is if your whatever crashes and you lose everything compared to maybe ruining one disk.

Latest posts

Back