Q&A with Robert Kirkman.

MaxwellSmart said:
Starting off, I'd like to say "dragged" was the wrong word for the scenario,but you got the scene where they're arguing over the rescue a little wrong. Jean-Paul is the one with black hair and an orange shirt he says, "Alex, Nick Fury gave my dad a tour of that joint once. He says it's like Fort Knox on 'roids. I mean, the Ultimates protect it!" Alex's response is, "The Ultimates are just humans with lamer outfits... no offense to humans."

When they fight the X-Men he says, "Sorry, princess, but I can't let you people keep us from Lorna." After he knocks out Kitty. As opposed to Cannonball who attacks wolverine and says, "Folks call mu Cannonball. You got three guesses why." He's clearly a guy itching for a fight while Jean-Paul would clearly like to avoid one. He was definitely committed to the rescue, but had apprehesions about how it should be done.

I'd say a "touche" is in order...

*flips page*

Yep, misread the bubbles.

Still, J.P. remains the strongest supporter of Alex in this mission. Canonball almost wussed out right from the start.

And it's funny that you should mention the Krakoa incident with Colossus. He too needed a bit of convincing before commiting. Of course, Longshot wasn't a friend, but then the target was less dangerous (Krakoa VS Triskelion). So it evens out.

Bottom line, I don't get this distinction you are making between Colossus and Northstar. Sure, one is a bruiser and the other is a speedster, but as far as willingness to throw down goes, I don't believe Northstar would hold Colossus back. They seem pretty even on the agressivity meter thus far.

But then of course, you keep misusing words and have to correct them. ;) That's how many correction so far? So that's hard for me to pinpoint your opinion.

I will consceed I have over stated the case in many ways. I'm definitely more open to the idea of Northstar willing to get into a brawl than I was before. At this point, I could see Northstar pushing Colossus into action instead of the other way around. Northstar seems rather aggressive of late while Colossus has toned down his aggression quite a bit.

Still am inclined to think of Colossus as a warrior and Northstar as a fighter. The distinction is sutle but if we saw a life or death battle we would see the difference in the two.

I've gotten perspective on this issue since I read the most recent issue of X-Men Unlimited which dealt with 616 Colossus' inner turmoil. It definitely help show me how a fighter doesn't have to be only sensitive or aggressive. I guess I was thinking of Wolverine as the standard for a brawler instead of the anomaly.

Latest posts

Back