question for all the computer guys and girls here

Comic Geek

I heard that if you have AOL thats its possible that someone else can have the same IP address as you.

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

reason why I'm asking,

A buddy of mine from another messageboard years back invited me to join his. I was content at the time for where I was posting. So i never joined.

I finally joined his site a few months back. He then hits me with why do all these screennames match your I/P address.

I told him I him I had no idea, But I did hear that it was possible. The man has yet to believe me :p

reason why I'm asking,

A buddy of mine from another messageboard years back invited me to join his. I was content at the time for where I was posting. So i never joined.

I finally joined his site a few months back. He then hits me with why do all these screennames match your I/P address.

I told him I him I had no idea, But I did hear that it was possible. The man has yet to believe me :p
Yeah well there's a sure way the prove your theories: Google is your friend :wink:

This is a well known fact (and has caused quite a lot of problems) so you shouldn't have trouble finding sites that backs up your claim.

I did google the actual question I posed here. got mixed answers with that.
Really? I don't think it would be that difficult to find something about it. Some Internet companies have actually an special policy when it comes to AOL IPs so they don't ban the IP but the person behind the IP (which you have to contact AOL to do). And yes, I'm not surprised that this site have come across this problem.

Latest posts

Back