Rebuild of Evangelion (spoilers)

Re: You Are (Not) Alone

I love the characters of Evangelion, but I'm really hoping the ending isn't as gratuitous or difficut to understand this time around.

Still looking forward to it.

Sweet I really liked most of the original so I'm excited for this. I wonder if any networks will pick it up.

Sweet I really liked most of the original so I'm excited for this. I wonder if any networks will pick it up.

There are rumblings that Adult Swim and Funimation are in talks to show it in November, to coincide with the DVD/Blu-Ray releases (1.01 and 1.11 respectively).

Grocer Man said:
I love the characters of Evangelion, but I'm really hoping the ending isn't as gratuitous or difficut to understand this time around.

Still looking forward to it.

Yeah, according to director Hideaki Anno and story creator Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, the controversial endings of the TV series and End of Evangelion, are not being used. It's have an all new "more accessible" ending.

I'm really excited, because Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance just hit theaters in Japan last week. Introducing a new character, Mari.

weirdplugsuitlarge.jpg

and her Eva Unit

eva00.jpg

Yeah.... everyone's saying she looks like me.

Last edited:

So...Skotti's mother is a green crab knight with wheels.

Well, the new character looks like you, and assuming her Eva follows the pattern put forth by the other Evas...

I was just joking, hope you weren't offended.

Oh dur, Iiiiii gotcha, up to speed now. Yeah
if my Eva were my mum
, I'd get a better synchro rate than even Shinji.

I figured, some people may have not watched Evangelion before, so I marked with a spoiler

Last edited:

Ya know, I saw a bit of the anime and read most of the manga years ago and loved it but was completely confused.

I wasn't aware of this new film series but it seems like an excellent opportunity to reacquaint myself with the series without having to actually watch the entire series. I'm downloading the first movie right now.

Ya know, I saw a bit of the anime and read most of the manga years ago and loved it but was completely confused.

I wasn't aware of this new film series but it seems like an excellent opportunity to reacquaint myself with the series without having to actually watch the entire series. I'm downloading the first movie right now.

Wait, are you talking about End of Evangelion or this film?

Because End of Evangelion is downright brutal.

end of evangelion was freakin great. asuka whoopin all kinds of ***....finally! but it was sad none the less.

I have been slowly borrowing and ripping the DVDs of Neon Genesis Evangelion because I've liked what I've seen so far.

I would also like to check out these movies once I've seen the series to compare them.

Wait, are you talking about End of Evangelion or this film?

Because End of Evangelion is downright brutal.

Rebuild 1.01 (SD DVD release) and 1.11 (Blu-Ray) has made it into the fansub community and it pretty available to download.

(I'm assuming that's what Moonie's DL'ing)

So because I was bored today I decided to watch End of Evangelion. I never really seen an episode before, but I always enjoyed watching endings. I'm not sure what I can make of this. It started with a guy blasting Taft and ended in a completely ambiguous ending that should have deeper meaning, but I just can't understand it. So... yeah...

So because I was bored today I decided to watch End of Evangelion. I never really seen an episode before, but I always enjoyed watching endings. I'm not sure what I can make of this. It started with a guy blasting Taft and ended in a completely ambiguous ending that should have deeper meaning, but I just can't understand it. So... yeah...

Most people don't understand/like the ending (myself included), but the rest of the series is great.

Most people don't understand/like the ending (myself included), but the rest of the series is great.

Yeah, I read up on it on wikipedia and still, very little sense. I think it just needs actual closure.

It's basically the world starting over. He's the new adam and his dream girl is the new eve..more or less.

Anyway, the basic reason as to why most people do not like the original endings for both the TV series and the film is because they make little to no sense. They're terribly ambiguous and the thousands of different interpreatations are the sort of thing you might see on a college thesis.

The TV series had a decent excuse in that they ran out of money right before the series ended, so they sort of threw it all together. The film, however, does not have that excuse.

Supposedly the film was creator backlash against the fans due to all the hate mail he received for the TV ending.

Latest posts

Back