Rebuild of Evangelion (spoilers)

Re: You Are (Not) Alone (spoilers for NGE)

I just finished it. I've watched like half of the series in the span of a day. My head is now killing me.

I think I liked it. Some of it...

Going to skip Death & Rebirth and Genesis Reborn for now and watch End of Evangelion.

These Rebuild of Evangelion movies sound great. Wondering whether to wait for the dubbed versions or just go ahead with the subbed ones...

I watched the first Rebuild movie. It was cool, though it didn't feel significantly different than what I'd been exposed to so far, just compressed and prettier.

Since I haven't watched anime in forever I forgot how much of the dialogue consists of gasps and tiny, choked 'guh's and 'ahuh's. It is amusing.

I just finished it. I've watched like half of the series in the span of a day. My head is now killing me.

I think I liked it. Some of it...
Man, we warned you.

Watching so much at one time might have given you an angst-tumor on your frontal lobe.
Going to skip Death & Rebirth and Genesis Reborn for now and watch End of Evangelion.

These Rebuild of Evangelion movies sound great. Wondering whether to wait for the dubbed versions or just go ahead with the subbed ones...
After EoE you may want to take a break before delving back in from the beginning.

Otherwise you might be dealing with tumors on top of tumors.

Last edited:

Resurecting the thread to ask when the english version comes out. Or if I missed it.

To make my post more entertaining, here's Shinji's Rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL8pvC3mxGo

You know, it occurs to me I never finished this series. I should do that.

Not all at once of course.

Resurecting the thread to ask when the english version comes out. Or if I missed it.

To make my post more entertaining, here's Shinji's Rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL8pvC3mxGo

You know, it occurs to me I never finished this series. I should do that.

Not all at once of course.

US release of the DVD will be 11/19/09. Some areas (columbus was one of them) got a theatric release (Arena Grand Theater) of the film. I saw it twice. I will preorder the Blu-Ray as soon as it's available. (The Blu-Ray should be labeled as Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11, Theater release was 1.0, SDDVDV is 1.01)

Just looked it up, 1.11 will be released Q2 of 2010. -.-

Last edited:

US release of the DVD will be 11/19/09. Some areas (columbus was one of them) got a theatric release (Arena Grand Theater) of the film. I saw it twice. I will preorder the Blu-Ray as soon as it's available. (The Blu-Ray should be labeled as Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11, Theater release was 1.0, SDDVDV is 1.01)

Just looked it up, 1.11 will be released Q2 of 2010. -.-

Cool, thank you kindly.

Also, it looks like 3.0 and Final will debut at the same time, and Asuka
gets an eyepatch. Arrr.

Cool, thank you kindly.

Also, it looks like 3.0 and Final will debut at the same time, and Asuka
gets an eyepatch. Arrr.

I saw that and all I could think was, I feel like such a perv for thinking she looks hot with
the eyepatch and the new test plugsuit

Last edited:

One last question for those that have seen the movie: I've heard this described as "Evangelion meets Gurren Lagann." Is that true?

Though I suspect they were also including the second film in that analysis.

I just watched the second movie, if I had to describe it in one word: BALLSY. If I could use two words: AWESOMELY BALLSY.

Seriously, that whole scene with Unit 3 made the movie, not to mention the ending.

One last question for those that have seen the movie: I've heard this described as "Evangelion meets Gurren Lagann." Is that true?

Though I suspect they were also including the second film in that analysis.

I didn't really see a real connection with GL in either movie.

EDIT: Also I propose that we rename this thread Rebuild of Evangelion.

Last edited:

I <3 Mari Illustrious soooooo much. I wanna know how she knows how
to activate the Eva's Beast mode at will
. I also love that Shinji-kun grows a pair, and giving Rei a personality. I have to say, I really like the changes they've made to the Children.

I completely agree, also I'm finding myself less annoyed at Shinji's whiny attitude since it strikes me way more justified here than it was in the show, though I could be forgetting parts of the original series.

I completely agree, also I'm finding myself less annoyed at Shinji's whiny attitude since it strikes me way more justified here than it was in the show, though I could be forgetting parts of the original series.

No, he definitely got some much needed depth and emotional range. Even Asuka got some depth too.

tumblr_l6ayscXUOM1qa2z2uo1_1280.jpg

Latest posts

Back