Reflections with Mike Carey & Ultimate Fantastic Four.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
[IMGL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/icycleman/mikecarey.jpg[/IMGL]Over at ComicBookResoursces.com, Mike Carey (Ultimate X4, X-Men, Ultimate Vision) talks about Ultimate Fantastic Four (art by Pasqual Ferry) and even X-Men (art by Chris Bachalo, Humberto Ramos) as well.

Today we've got my good-luck charm, Mike Carey. He was my final interview for the first volume of "Reflections," my first for the second and now he's helping me launch my third. What a guy!

He's finally getting the kudos he deserves throughout the industry, as well. After years of writing low-selling Vertigo titles that were loved by everyone who read them, he's finally hitting it big, working on "Ultimate Fantastic Four" and "X-Men," two of Marvel's flagship titles.

Mike connected with me via one expensive overseas call to talk about all that and more.

Robert Taylor: Let's start way back at the beginning. Why did you want to write comics?

Mike Carey: I guess because they had always been important in my life. There was a period of about three years in my late teens just before I went to university when I wasn't reading comics. That was the only time of my life when they weren't a regular fixture. I've done other kinds of writing, poetry and novels and screenplays, but writing comics always seemed like a natural fit.

Read more by clicking on the link above.

Lynx

I love Ferry's art. It's really pleasing to look at. Anyway, I've only been skimming this in stores, but it looks great. Can't wait to read it in HC.

Gemini

I love Ferry's art. It's really pleasing to look at. Anyway, I've only been skimming this in stores, but it looks great. Can't wait to read it in HC.
i like ferry's art aswell

IMO carey is doing great on both books right now... and im sure E will have something to say about that

Fuzzy Birds

I truly think that Carey's current UFF arc is at least on par with, if not better than, Millars ridiculously over hyped run.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
I truly think that Carey's current UFF arc is at least on par with, if not better than, Millars ridiculously over hyped run.

Agreed. I'm still debating on if I like it better than Millar's. Probably not right now---but I'm sure that'll change with future arcs.

Right now I'm enjoying the drawn out pacing. 3 issues an arc was just too short for me.

Latest posts