Remember Gormiti?

Jozaca

This should probably be in a category like "toys" or something instead of "TV", hope nobody minds.
Does anyone here remember the Gormiti franchise?
I am not sure if that was a popular thing or something in USA or UK, but I know it was released there.
The Italians on this site probably remember it if they are not too young.
In Spain it was a big thing, I think it was the country with the second biggest sales, behind Italy.
I still got like 20 Spanish Gormiti Magazines and one Italian magazine too.
This is not a timeline thread, I just remembered Gormiti and wanted to share it here to check if anyone else does.

Here in Hungary it had a good amount of popularity when I was in early elementary school as well!

This should probably be in a category like "toys" or something instead of "TV", hope nobody minds.
I am not sure if that was a popular thing or something in USA or UK, but I know it was released there.
In Spain it was a big thing, I think it was the country with the second biggest sales, behind Italy.
This is not a timeline thread, I just remembered Gormiti and wanted to share it here to check if anyone else does.
I'm Italian, and I can confirm... anyway speaking about Italian cartoons, Winx Club is more iconic than Gormiti, here.

I'm Italian, and I can confirm... anyway speaking about Italian cartoons, Winx Club is more iconic than Gormiti, here.
That was also popular here around the same time, but only with the girls. And like Gormiti it seemed to fade out of existence around 2011/2012. And like Gormiti I am discovering that it has never really fade out and has been existing during the 2010s in some way or another up until now, wow.

That was also popular here around the same time, but only with the girls. And like Gormiti it seemed to fade out of existence around 2011/2012. And like Gormiti I am discovering that it has never really fade out and has been existing during the 2010s in some way or another up until now, wow.
Exactly, for Winx Club they did Also Like 5-10 animated movies...

P.S. I Like both of them... Gormiti cos of its fantasy setting. And Winx Club for its superhero vibe.

Last edited:
Another thing I PERSONALLY think Italians did Better was the organization of Disney's comic books... for example Paperinik/PK (Duck Avengers in the USA).

FUN FACT = Darkwing Duck was created cos PK was getting too popular in the US, and instead americans wanted to create their Duck Hero.

Btw I love both.

Is that like when they take TV Screenshots and turn them into comic panels?

IDW did that with Transformers Animated and Marvel did that when they were too lazy to create original stories for Ultimate Spider-Man and other Marvel shows after a certain amount of issues...

EDIT: Nevermind I'm thinking of Fumetti my bad.

IDW did that with Transformers Animated and Marvel did that when they were too lazy to create original stories for Ultimate Spider-Man and other Marvel shows after a certain amount of issues...

I got some Ben 10 "comics" make that way. And Pokémon ones too.

Sorry, what do you mean?

Another thing I PERSONALLY think Italians did Better was the organization of Disney's comic books... for example Paperinik/PK (Duck Avengers in the USA).

FUN FACT = Darkwing Duck was created cos PK was getting too popular in the US, and instead americans wanted to create their Duck Hero.

Btw I love both.
aren't there like a myriad more italian Disney comics than English even? I think once I did my research it seemed like so.

aren't there like a myriad more italian Disney comics than English even? I think once I did my research it seemed like so.
yes at the moment Topolino is one, if not the longest comic book in existance... at the moment we reached the 9600 numbers... we're close to 10.000

EDIT = I Just checked, we've actually reached the 3600 numbers... still it's a lot.

Last edited:
yes at the moment Topolino is one, if not the longest comic book in existance... at the moment we reached the 9600 numbers... we're close to 10.000

EDIT = I Just checked, we've actually reached the 3600 numbers... still it's a lot.
Action Comics and Detective Comics should tremble.

Oh snap, I think I vaguely remember watching this show years ago when it was on CITV. Dunno if I ever had any of the toys, but yeah, I think I remember the show. Was about... four kids who transform into Gormitis or something and fight to protect their world, right?

Oh snap, I think I vaguely remember watching this show years ago when it was on CITV. Dunno if I ever had any of the toys, but yeah, I think I remember the show. Was about... four kids who transform into Gormitis or something and fight to protect their world, right?
Yes

It started with a toy line of small figures and eventually, after like 7 waves or so, they released a show that lasted 3 seasons
Gormiti.jpg

Latest posts

Back