Requiem for a Dream

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
I watched this last night. Disturbing, but great.

I can't wait for "The Fountain" (Darren Arronoffsky's next movie), now. I'm going to get the comic version when they release the softcover version in October.

Has anyone else see this?

moonmaster said:
I watched this last night. Disturbing, but great.

I can't wait for "The Fountain" (Darren Arronoffsky's next movie), now. I'm going to get the comic version when they release the softcover version in October.

Has anyone else see this?
I was working on the computer while my roomate watched it, and it does sound disturbing

a really really good movie. you should watch Pi. his first movie. i like it better.

i really like the hip hop montages he uses. the fast cuts with sound clips.

i'll probably pick up the fountain comic

I never got to see either Pi or Requiem but both are movies I deffinatly need to see. Pi moreso.

I've owned this one on DVD for a few years now. It's one of the most disturbing movies ever made, but I still get stiff during Jennifer Connelly's nude scenes.

Is that wrong of me?

I found it a bit overrated. Call me old fashioned, but I still think the best cinema is something that is meant to be enjoyable and rewatchable. Something fun. This movie made me feel quite sick, and I have no intention to ever watch it again. Sure, well made and acted, a good solid movie, but whatever happened to fun in cinema? Why does everything have to be a social commentary?

Whatever, I'm just in a crappy mood.

That movie left me feeling a little depressed actually, and I don't really have a strong desire to see it again.

Frapalino said:
a really really good movie. you should watch Pi. his first movie. i like it better.
The video store didn't have it.:x
Willverine said:
I've owned this one on DVD for a few years now. It's one of the most disturbing movies ever made, but I still get stiff during Jennifer Connelly's nude scenes.

Is that wrong of me?
Yes, you sick freak. And I believe that was a body double.
Fuzzy Birds said:
I found it a bit overrated. Call me old fashioned, but I still think the best cinema is something that is meant to be enjoyable and rewatchable. Something fun. This movie made me feel quite sick, and I have no intention to ever watch it again. Sure, well made and acted, a good solid movie, but whatever happened to fun in cinema? Why does everything have to be a social commentary?
There's a place for "feel-good movie" and there's a place for movies that have something to say. If anything, Hollywood doesn't make movies like this as much as they should. They make movies that take on important issues, but usually in a half-hearted, pretentious way. I don't think this movie falls into that category.

And from what I've seen, most people who watch this movie (no matter how much they enjoyed it) say that they never, ever want to see it again. It seems like the natural reaction.

Any-Hoo, The Fountain looks to be a lot more hopeful than Arronoffsky's other movies. I was reading one of the early reviews last night and I have to say, I'm really excited about it.

There are a couple of incredible moments that I can't wait to talk about once everyone has seen the film. The Fountain is the sort of movie that makes me want to write a book about it. What's most important, though, is that The Fountain vaults Aronofsky to a new level as a filmmaker. Before he was a cult director, a fringe talent who appealed to the film geeks and the people who look to the edge. The Fountain's not a mainstream movie – it's really ****ing smart, for one thing – but the director who made this movie is a man coming into his own. The Fountain is beautiful, gripping and utterly transcendent. It's the best film of 2006.

I knew someone who watched this movie and when the credits rolled said, "**** man, that's really depressing..."

Then he lit up a joint and did some hard drugs after.

I am NOT KIDDING.

What a ****ing *******. He didn't learn ANYTHING!!!!!!!!111

I really like this movie. Yes it's depressing and sad, but still a good flic. It just goes to show that anyone can end up an addict. Just in this movie the addictions are really extreme. I really felt sorry for the old lady.

I've not seen the film, but the music by Clint Mansell is rocking and I intend to use it as my national anthem when I rule the world with my might iron feet.

Fist.

I meant Iron Fist.

Saw this one. Will probably not watch a second time.

That being said, I didn't think it was a bad movie... Just way too realistic. Sure, it was a movie and embellished for show, but WOW.

I have an idea for eveyone who thought this movie was too depressing.

Picture Jared Letos character as Jared Leto.

Smile as Jared becomes a drug fiend.

Laugh as Jared goes through withdrawls.

Not so sad now is it?

Latest posts

Back