Return of Nova (Loeb/McGuinnes) :'(

I don't think Venom's behaviour was remotely aggressive or ill-chosen. His conduct was perfectly adequate and not inflammatory, as evidenced by his immediate acquiescence and apology despite having done nothing wrong in the first place.

I don't think Venom's behaviour was remotely aggressive or ill-chosen. His conduct was perfectly adequate and not inflammatory, as evidenced by his immediate acquiescence and apology despite having done nothing wrong in the first place.

Jesus Christ......

Am I going to have to request that you stop having opinions too!?

Or it could be tied to the Avengers: X-Sanction story(Since it's also by Loeb/ McGuinnes). In which case, it could be a Nova from another timeline or something.
Nova returns because Cable's comeback means bad things for the cosmos!

I kid, but this could be true. :shock:

Sorry about yesterday guys, I feel like I was a little harsh on Venom. Over-reacting about this a little, I'm pretty choked.

but I do stand by what I said about McGuinness tho, but feel free to like him I was joking when i said you were wrong but I can see how it could have been taken seriously

Anywho I think I've finally put my finger on what I don't like about Loeb, he writes destructively instead of constructively. Look at Ultimatum nothing was added to the UU he just took things away, even when he tries to be constructive they're just derivative characters that dilute the main characters importance wich ends up being destructive in the long run (Romulus, Rulk, She-Rulk, etc.) But when you look at writers like Fraction or Aaron or even DnA they add to their characters respective legacies: people read Fraction, Brubaker, Aaron to see what they build. While people read Loeb to see what he destroy's this is why he stays on books for such short periods.

But the guy sells :roll:

Well.... It looks like they're seeding a lot of these "point ones". They released the teaser for another one that suggests an Ultron event project from Bendis and Hitch, and they're hyping these as the new direction for 2012.

It sounds to me like Loeb might be guiding the cosmic Marvel boat for the near future...

I hope not. Cosmic Marvel is pretty much the only thing of theirs I get anymore, even if its sporadically and in trades.

And I like McGuinnes. His art is big and stupid and blocky and I think its perfect for a lot of different characters. Its perfect for a big hulk smash story, and I'd love to see him illustrate a Thing solo. Unfortunately he keeps working with a writer I won't buy from. But I do agree that if I ran Marvel I'd keep giving him work. At the end of the day its a business, and you need people who sell books, even if its just for people to rage about them on the internet. As for "Long term damage to the characters", if they've survived this long they'll survive him. Hell if Hawkman is still around ANYONE can be salvaged.

I don't think i was being hostile. But i apologize in either case. I'm sorry guys.

Still, this Nova thing is just a one shot, so i don't think anyone needs to worry too much.

BTW - and this is totally off-topic but I wanted to make sure you saw it - you have been getting PMs and the email notices are bouncing. Check the email address that you have listed in your profile because I think it might be incorrect.

I don't think it was aggressive but the moment that we start answering each other with "yeah well that's just your opinion" is the day we might as well shut the site down because conversation becomes pointless, so let's not ever go there. This is a discussion board; opinions are required and are what keep things going.

okay, I read it, and it wasn't awful

really my only real quibble is that Nova seems way too young and inexperienced, him saying epic fail was way out of place (was Loeb trying to be hip? is Epic Fail the new Suck It?) and McGuinness drew him to look maybe 16? aswell, still don't like the costume, I get that they're going for a more astronauty look, but the Spartan look of his Annihilation attire was just great. It really felt like an alternate universe take on the character

This did nothing to cover how he's back, but the last page reveal was interesting and not something I expected at all, and it's definitely intriguing to see this entity away from the group its typically associated with, and Terrax was handled well

I'm gonna give it a shot when they finally follow up on this, It'll come back to but me in the ass, but I'll give it a shot

really my only real quibble is that Nova seems way too young and inexperienced, him saying epic fail was way out of place (was Loeb trying to be hip? is Epic Fail the new Suck It?)

It takes a long time for memes to make their way across the solar system.

Thanos has just discovered lolcats and hampsterdance is a big hit in the Skrull Empire.

Last edited:

Thanos has just discovered lolcats and hampsterdance is a big hit in the Skrull Empire.
Guess even meme's are limited by the speed of light in a vacuum eh?

still thats assuming that all happens withing ohhh 15ly of earth?, maybe meme's act like tachyons

Post of the Day.

Latest posts

Back