Revolution

E

Excelsior Club
[video=youtube;JwfCRAtkYEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI[/video]

I'm excited for this. I'm not sure if I'm late to the party here but I didn't see a thread for it.

It's JJ Abrams and Jon Favreau. That's good enough for me.

I found this in a Reuters article:

an expensive sci-fi show some have described as "The Hunger Games" meets "Lost." Depending on how it connects with audiences, "Revolution" could be a huge prestige hit for NBC or a costly mistake.
"Science fiction has not taken off in recent years but this doesn't mean it won't work," said GroupM's Schwartz. "It remains to be seen whether can generate the audience and ratings and unit pricing to match the production costs."

I, of course, fair or not, am expecting it to be similar enough to Lost to hold my interest.

I will check it out just for Gus Fring on a horse but I don't expect it to be very good.

I don't have any high hopes for this either. it looks like a cheap imitation for a go green message. and the acting looks weak and forced.

for post apocalyptic shows i'll stick with Falling Skies

Alcatraz, Person of Interest, NBC.

Haven't seen it, haven't seen it, and...I trust them, cautiously. Isn't there a new guy in charge over there? My favorite shows are all on NBC, so...I don't know. They've done some things right.

I've watched the first two episodes and really like this. I haven't read Proj's reviews yet (I know he didn't like the first 2 but thought the 3rd picked up a bit) but I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

E said:
I've watched the first two episodes and really like this. I haven't read Proj's reviews yet (I know he didn't like the first 2 but thought the 3rd picked up a bit) but I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

What do you think about DSF playing the former Google exec? Very cool.

I know, isn't it?

I just watched the first 3 episodes. I can't say I'm real impressed. I din't like how we split everyone up at the beginning. I'd like to get to know the characters and see why I should care that they're apart instead of just assuming I will because they're leads.

And every male that isn't Strangefate or the brother look exactly alike.

He grew a really nice beard. I wasn't aware he had the ability.

I saw the first couple of episodes. Not really impressed and so far it seems quite predictable, but I'll keep checking it out in hopes it improves. If it doesn't I'll drop it.

And you guys were kidding about Strangefate as the Aaron (Google) guy, I presume?

I think I'm just about done with this. I really like the concept of people living in a post-electricty dependent world but there are problems with this series that make it not worth seeing if it will improve.

The first is the acting. Good lord. I liked Elizabeth Mitchell a lot on Lost but here...every scene she's in it's like they just woke her up and drugged her.

Billy Burke takes the sarcasm to an annoying level. It never turns off and it's just annoying all of the time.

Giancarlo Esposito is just about the only good actor but even he overdoes it some times.

I never thought the writing as a whole was bad per se, but some things are just stupid. A team of scientists is trying to create free energy, and they fail so spectacularly that they actually do the exact opposite of that...and get a DoD contract for it. What?!

Latest posts

Back